Current Conditions of Blackfire Torch and Wooglet's Cap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nukular power

11-29-2012

My problem with the cap is that it's yet another in a long line of items that let mages build tanky without losing anything for it. Now you don't even lose resists for going Rabadons - between Abyssal, Rylais, Wooglets, and the HP from BFT, mages end up quite tank and with good resists, while not suffering at all in the AP department. It's a bit silly compared to AD carry items.

nukular power

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
Is it me or i think wooglets is ok??? It's very strong, but seeing what else is coming in S3 for bruisers / AD carry.... it's ok.

On the other hand, BFT is receiving nerfs, new one looks like to be -5 MagPen, -5 CDR, -7 stacks and 3.5% every 2sec. - this is not finalised yet
This is not enough of a nerf. It needs to not trigger off dot pulses. It's silly that it has been for this whole time.

Iron Angel 2k3

12-02-2012

To be fair, mages, especially the really squishy ones like Cass or Sona, need some survivability, because without it they can just get focussed and die before being able to do anything and your team is suddenly a man down in a teamfight, which means mages have no impact on the fight and instead are just speedbumps, further promoting tanks and bruisers since they will do damage before dying. Some level of survivability is needed because of the AP's global taunt.