Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Current Conditions of Blackfire Torch and Wooglet's Cap

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lylfo5

Senior Member

11-19-2012

New s3 items, with different pricing and new actives are coming. Your math will be obsolete when the next patch hits us.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quintic

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
lylfo5:
New s3 items, with different pricing and new actives are coming. Your math will be obsolete when the next patch hits us.


This is talking about now, not when the next patch hits. If these items were intended to be balanced with the next patch in mind, they should have been released with said patch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lylfo5

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Too bad you know they can't balance it now, and they are releasing the new items next patch. There is like absolutely no point trying to compare the things now since it won't change anything now. Only thing you might do is to get that AP itemization nerfed and we'll go back to bruiser's era in dominion when they get OP shiny toys and the APs get less viable itemizations.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quintic

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
lylfo5:
Too bad you know they can't balance it now, and they are releasing the new items next patch. There is like absolutely no point trying to compare the things now since it won't change anything now. Only thing you might do is to get that AP itemization nerfed and we'll go back to bruiser's era in dominion when they get OP shiny toys and the APs get less viable itemizations.


These items can easily be disabled until the new patch roles out. Bruisers aren't nearly as much of an issue if you don't build glass cannon and make the right picks.

This isn't coming from somebody who is going "WAAAAHHHH I LOST TO SOMEONE WITH THESE ITEMS," this is coming from somebody saying "Holy wow, these items are OP and I feel really bad for using them."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunnle

Senior Member

11-19-2012

I don't see an issue with mages being a bit more viable in Dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wawix

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
lylfo5:
Too bad you know they can't balance it now, and they are releasing the new items next patch. There is like absolutely no point trying to compare the things now since it won't change anything now. Only thing you might do is to get that AP itemization nerfed and we'll go back to bruiser's era in dominion when they get OP shiny toys and the APs get less viable itemizations.



This.

I can't believe people are QQing about AP champions being strong now, when before they were complete ass. Also I hate this new era of gaming in which if something that changes in a game doesn't please you, you just QQ until they patch it.

Back in the day, if something was strong in a game, you just abused it or searched for a way to work around it.
Learn to adapt, seriously. If the enemy team can do it, you can do it better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

11-19-2012

While I appreciate your analysis here, Quintic, I have to agree with the other posters. Nome made it very clear that the new AP items were likely going to be too powerful, but he did that on purpose.

The first version of BFT was too weak, and was laughed at.

The second version of BFT is too strong, and is scoffed at.

Nome, and his team, have had a chance to evaluate both extremes in a live setting, and the third version will likely be much closer to a balanced state.

Unlike SR, Nome's team doesn't really have the luxury to test things out on the PBE because the Dominion playerbase there is so small. They are trying these things out in the preseason to bring some clarity as to where power is really needed, and how. They have little choice but to test it on us.

What did I do after getting crushed by BFT? I dusted off Brand and finally got to play him in TT. I enjoyed watching AP champions actually do something useful again in Dominion. I relished in the fact that things are finally changing.

Look. We, the Dominion community, have been begging for change since the last Dominion patch some months ago. We've been bellyaching, whining, complaining, giving constructive feedback, etc. Nome and team are finally shaking things up, and what are you doing? You started with constructive feedback on a topic that has many threads already, and are now devolving in to whining about being a guinea pig.

Be happy things are happening. Contribute to the threads that are already there. Give this awesome, well constructed feedback on other topics, too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KalameesJr

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Bunnle:
I don't see an issue with mages being a bit more viable in Dominion.


The problem isnt mages being viable, the problem is Teemo being a one man army who will wreck your team even before you get to the fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaFerric

Senior Member

11-19-2012

I still can't justify building wooglets only because of that 1600 down. I've bought it once really late in a match when I could afford it, but through the mid game, bft+guise+sorcs seems like a better pickup to me along with some other defensive item (sweeper for example). While the AP from wooglets is awesome, with enough pen, bft can do the same amount of work and you can be tankier, rather than relying on a temperorary invuln that can leave you in a very ****ty scenario along with some armor and %ap scaling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahlen

Senior Member

11-19-2012

They should just give BFT an ICD, and make it scale on AP like Amumu W.

Boom, fixed forever.