Running Tutorial Practice Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravenhaft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

Hey everyone, lately I've started running games for new players via practice mode. Generally I like to cover item builds, game phases, roles of champions (support, carry, tank, etc.), the use of brush, team fighting (hard to do against bots though). Also things like how important it is to not die. It's a work in progress, as each game is slightly different, and I'd like to eventually do it without bots as a full 5v5 game but I'd need another experienced player on the other side helping.

I feel like the tutorial, while useful, doesn't really cover these important aspects of the game in the same way a human being can.

So if you would like to play in a game and learn some more about the game in a comfortable, safe environment you can make me your friend in-game, or just post here and we'll work something out.

Also if there are other people doing something like this, I'd love to get in contact with you. It'd be nice to standardize the process a little bit, and it'd be good for newbies to know all players aren't just interested in pub stomping practice games. I've had very positive reactions in the past (aside from a few bad apples who are TOO PRO, like AS sorakas), and I think it helps our skills to teach the game to newer players.

Kithas48

10-09-2010

I'd love to help teach people on the other team as you mentioned
do you use vent or something so typing wouldnt be so bad?
also if you would like/wouldnt mind me helping throw me a friend request

im not the highest elo player and am nowhere near a pro but I do beleive I have a good concept of what to do and what not to do and I can easily help people with item builds
Im also an education major so that never hurts :P

xpsychedelico

10-09-2010

Wow, Kismet, congrats on getting an internship.

That said, there's a bunch of main threads with this idea.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=225920

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=123803

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=272293

Just to list a few. Would be nice if there was a stickied thread for all of them to converge, and it would be easy for new players to find.

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

I started doing this a few months ago, I actually have a list of helpers and R66Y has set up a vent solely for the purpose of helping new players. Find everything you need in here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...75#post1433875

KatanaCut

10-11-2010

Like Eggtart said, theres him, also Lootsweeper, and CoVi. these are great mentors who have helped me greatly.

-Eggtart Chow
-LootSweeper
-CoVi

Ravenhaft

10-11-2010

So glad people are responding! I've had a few people friending me while I was offline. Got homework and stuff and starting a new job, but if you see me online just send me a message. Thanks for linking me to those threads, I think I'll post there.

Juisred

Recruiter

10-13-2010

I wanna help!

Zeusamus

10-13-2010

I would love some advice if someone has a chance. I am around level 23 and it is getting to the point where I just can't survive anymore. I have only found 2 champions I am good with (Zilean and Shen), but I really want to learn to play a carry.

Doing damage isn't my problem, it's just simply staying alive. I feel like I am right on the edge of a breakthrough, so any advice from anyone would be great!

Leib Olmai

10-14-2010

If anyone want help with anything, you can just add me in game I'll be glad to help.
I can also run tutorial pratice game as well.
I have many champions and played every single champion.

I'm just not really good about info concerning 3v3, for the rest, I'm pretty sure I can be helpful.
So if anyone could use that help, just add me.

I have vent and skype, a mic and a big accents.

Larias

Adjudicator

10-14-2010

Kudos to you.

Tutorials were the thing I enjoyed most when I was promoted to Emissary. They were fun and rewarding.