tribunal to strict?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Had A Beer

11-17-2012

honestly i don't even want to use the chat anymore i call one person a noob its a instant ban, now i tell my teammates that i have to mute them all so that way i will not be able to talk with them because i will be banned then i find out i am banned for not communicating even tho i told them i had to mute them all to avoid anything bad.....

calling someone a noob should not be reportable and the tribunal is way to scrict. any little thing will get u banned and to be honest its making the community **** because everyone just reports each other and almost every game i could report someone for something even if its small because the tribunal will vote to punish.

EndlessDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

There is no reason you need to call another player a noob.

I Had A Beer

11-17-2012

Newbie is a slang term for a or , or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity. Contemporary use can particularly refer to a beginner or new user of computers, often concerning Internet activity, such as online gaming. ...

whats so bad about that? if you die 15 times you are probably new to league....

EndlessDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

yes but times have changed and so has the meaning of the word, nowadays the word generally is used by arrogant or jerky players as a derogatory term to refer to someone who they consider to be inferior in skill.

VroomVrooms

11-17-2012

I don't think the Tribunal is too strict, I normally don't punish people for using the word "noob", I only punish when people take it too far and it escalates into raging and use of other offensive terms.

BrightNooblar

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i Had A Beer View Post
Newbie is a slang term for a or , or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity. Contemporary use can particularly refer to a beginner or new user of computers, often concerning Internet activity, such as online gaming. ...

whats so bad about that? if you die 15 times you are probably new to league....
If this was true, after noticing a "noob" you'd offer positive feedback to help them improve, not rage and blame the game on them. However given that the context of "noob" almost always implies it is an insult, people are going to punish.

I mean, i could say "gg we can't win we have sprickets" or "wow these sprickets, throwing the game" or "you're such a spricket, you can't even 1v1 a support" or "wow wtf spricket, you suck" or "lol this spricket..."

Sure "spricket" doesn't mean anything, but its pretty clear i'm being rude to someone for something.

Also, overall i've seen more cases that need punishes get pardoned, than i've seen cases need pardons get punished. I don't actually think i've ever seen someone innocent get punished, actually, where as i've seen pretty clear violations get pardoned.

Jezzakai

11-18-2012

hey check this out

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...mmoners_Code#8

thats the summoner's code calling people newbs. gg tribunal

bryjow123

11-18-2012

I don't punish simply because someone says you're a noob, I punish when it becomes repeated harrassment of a poorly playing player, or someone uses very colorful language in front of it.

Instead of just calling someone a noob all game, help them fix their mistakes.

vulgarwolf

11-18-2012

If you joined a new sporting team, and the very first time you played with them would you call other members of the team noobs or bads in person...i strongly doubt it

why do the same in a game, its a brand new team, show them respect

DRINKMYFARTJUICE

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i Had A Beer View Post
honestly i don't even want to use the chat anymore i call one person a noob its a instant ban, now i tell my teammates that i have to mute them all so that way i will not be able to talk with them because i will be banned then i find out i am banned for not communicating even tho i told them i had to mute them all to avoid anything bad.....

calling someone a noob should not be reportable and the tribunal is way to scrict. any little thing will get u banned and to be honest its making the community **** because everyone just reports each other and almost every game i could report someone for something even if its small because the tribunal will vote to punish.
This guy sums it up nicely bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwxsK20XtJ8