Rune Pages for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackDAILO

11-18-2012

I've played this game for almost a year and I think it is time to develop my rune pages.

Right now I only have Armor Penetration and Magic Penetration pages. I've considered AD per level pages as well as movespeed/HP pages, but cannot decide.

I play AD bruisers most of the time, can you guys offer any suggestions on Rune setups?

Orphane

11-18-2012

For reds other than Armor Pen and Magic Pen, I think AD/lvl runes are also workable.

For yellows, HP/lvl, armor, and armor/lvl are probably the main choices depending on the defenses you plan to build ingame.

For blues, I've seen some CDR or CDR/lvl runes just to finish out capping CDR on some champs/character builds, but MR/lvl glyphs are probably your safest bet. Magic pen blues are also a choice if you're running a 21 Mpen runepage on a magic damage dealing bruiser.

For quints Movespeed works on pretty much everyone. If you aren't using Movespeed the two penetrations are pretty much your go-to.

Nostra63

11-18-2012

I really hope you are trolling with your "hp/lvl" "armor/lvl" "ad/lvl"

NavyGothic

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostra63 View Post
I really hope you are trolling with your "hp/lvl" "armor/lvl" "ad/lvl"
Why would he be? :?

IIRC they balance out at around level 9, which would typically be somewhere around 1/3 through a Dom match. Most of the match is in favour of perLvl runes, and the end game is more important than the early game.

HaIfhearted

11-18-2012

Health/level and armor/level yellows are great.
AD/level is more of a champion-specific thing for high-scaling stuff like Riven and AD Malz.

There are one or two champs who need a unique page *coughAkalicough*, or Sona who likes having split-pen, but in general you just take single-penetration reds, health or armor per level yellows, magic resist blues, and movespeed quints on everything.

Sauron

11-18-2012

I would think with the upcoming S3 changes all you would ever want is flat pen runes. But, just in case we get S2.5 or something...

Reds: ArPen or AD/lvl, and one Crit Chance rune. Go with penetration if you plan on buying Ghostblade.

Yellows: Flat armor can be useful in draft, but HP/lvl is usually the answer.

Blues: Flat CDRs are universal across all modes, but MR/lvl also works too.

Quints: Movespeeeeeeeeed. Or penetration if you're already stacking it, or AD/lvl if you're jumping to LW right away.

blackDAILO

11-19-2012

Ahh thanks for the inputs everyone!

Das Strychnine

11-19-2012

I originally used Flat Armor and bought the expensive HP/LvL runes, I went back to using Flat Armor as I found it much more useful.

Tempestphile

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
For reds other than Armor Pen and Magic Pen, I think AD/lvl runes are also workable.

For yellows, HP/lvl, armor, and armor/lvl are probably the main choices depending on the defenses you plan to build ingame.

For blues, I've seen some CDR or CDR/lvl runes just to finish out capping CDR on some champs/character builds, but MR/lvl glyphs are probably your safest bet. Magic pen blues are also a choice if you're running a 21 Mpen runepage on a magic damage dealing bruiser.

For quints Movespeed works on pretty much everyone. If you aren't using Movespeed the two penetrations are pretty much your go-to.
I will add flat cooldown also on the quint list, but for some specfic champs only
MS is definitely my favorite

Blue I like AP / level, flat CDR, MR / lvl

For yellow, HP/lvl or flat armor or armor / lvl (for champs who have high innate armor)

Red would either be AS , flat AD, ArPen, MagPen or Double Pen (specific champions)

My last hint is, when you build CDR, make sure its below multiplies of 5%. Say 5.89 (9x flat CDR) + 4% (Mastery), or 4.81% (CDR quint). why? Because CDR item comes in mulitple of 5%, so its easier to reach about 39% but won't go past 40% to have waste stats.
(if a champ is CDR dependant, you will want to hit near 40, if its not, don't bother with CDR)

KaWraith

11-19-2012

runes are usually optimally used to build an early advantage at levels 3-9 (before the scaling catch up to flat)
if you can use that early advantage to get kills, get farm, and not die; you can build items that easily surpass the extra late game bonuses from scaling runes.

remember that taking the windmill in the initial stage of the game is a big deal... scaling runes do little for that.