Why is middle east full of wars and violence?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meds View Post
Because religion, it's the cause of almost all conflict nowadays.
I disagree. This is the argument of ignorant atheists. Certainly, religion can play a part in the cause of wars, but more often than not, other factors are just as or far more important in what causes wars. Especially nowadays.

Take World War 2 for example. That was not a religious war. It was a war started because a group of people under the leadership of a very evil man managed to take control of a Germany that had been devastated by World War 1. Remember those pictures you see in history books of the German children playing with huge wads of money as building blocks? Yeah. That's one of the aftereffects of WW1 that caused Germans to feel very dissatisfied. This dissatisfaction allowed Hitler to rise to power because he gave the German people hope for a better future. A stronger Germany and such. Giving hope to those in a very ****ty situation is a very powerful method of grabbing the loyalty of the people.

Or lets take the recent Libyan civil war in which Gaddafi was killed. This was not caused by religion. This was caused by the people desiring freedom from a dictator.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clinkz Eastwoood

Senior Member

11-18-2012

god and oil.
almost forgot pollitcal unrest
/thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lundiz

Junior Member

11-18-2012

Oil sir


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shredder05

Senior Member

11-18-2012

all people are born he same, but hate is taught to them. Why else would they fire a rocket into a city?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malgana

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartirill View Post
out of those i count 5 that America has been directly involved in. We need to learn to not **** with stuff that doesn't involve us.
Well when a guy flies our own planes into our buildings because his god told him to, I'm pretty sure it becomes something that involves us.

Are we supposed to just sit back and take that kind of **** from every crazy who decides to form a new religion? no thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malgana

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder05 View Post
all people are born he same, but hate is taught to them. Why else would they fire a rocket into a city?
Some people are born into rich families, some people are born in places where food and medicine is a rarity.
Some people are born in places of peace and some people are born in the middle of a battlefield and taught how to kill from birth by the angry men who spawned them.

I wouldn't really say all people are born the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder05 View Post
all people are born he same, but hate is taught to them. Why else would they fire a rocket into a city?
I'm gonna half disagree with you. Hate is indeed taught, but not all people are born the same. It's the sad fact of life. This is true whether you talk about something physical like biology and genetics or something more intangible such as talent.

However, that's not to say that's a bad thing. In fact, I think it's on whole a very good thing. After all, living in a world where everyone is exactly the same is very boring not to mention very unproductive. After all, different talents mean that people can specialize in different things which means that we can make advances in all sorts of different fields.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velerean

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Because their swag supplies are higher than the average region.

#swag
#thuglyfe
#ballsohard
#cryps4lyfe


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shredder05

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgana View Post
Some people are born into rich families, some people are born in places where food and medicine is a rarity.
Some people are born in places of peace and some people are born in the middle of a battlefield and taught how to kill from birth by the angry men who spawned them.

I wouldn't really say all people are born the same.
we are making the same point.

people are a product of their own societies. You won't get a martyr raised from a peace-loving quiet atheist neighborhood. That just doesn't happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

poe tay toes

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder05 View Post
we are making the same point.

people are a product of their own societies. You won't get a martyr raised from a peace-loving quiet atheist neighborhood. That just doesn't happen.
yes you do, they just aren't called martyrs. look at the columbine shooters, the batman movie shooter. psychos gonna psycho, religion is just an excuse.