Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Opinions on the new lich bane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evangelene

11-18-2012

It may have changed since its actually let me log in but while the ap scaling is a nice idea i think that it just puts a bit too much extra damage on champs late game!
I always like the lich bane but it just seems like it will give an unfair advantage to those mages that do buy it over those who prefer other builds!

Perhaps take the ap scaling down but i was 1 vs 1 with my friend who didnt have it and i was dominating him!

Sooooo what do other peeps think, yay or nay? O:

Kandehbar

11-18-2012

lich bane was nerfed.....

Talamare

11-18-2012

This is something I suggested a long, loooong time ago

So I more than approve

Fox P McCloud

11-18-2012

I think you should use less exclamation points =p

Are you not familiar with the current Lich bane, which is a 1.0 AP ratio (but physical damage)?

Overall, with the change over to magic damage (but the scaling reduced), and the changes to deathcap, DC+Lich bane (which is quite expensive) is largely the same, damage wise.

epicfilmore

11-18-2012

Quote:
Kandehbar:
lich bane was nerfed.....

i havent looked at liche bane what was nerfed?

Kandehbar

11-18-2012

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:
I think you should use less exclamation points =p

Are you not familiar with the current Lich bane, which is a 1.0 AP ratio (but physical damage)?

Overall, with the change over to magic damage (but the scaling reduced), and the changes to deathcap, DC+Lich bane (which is quite expensive) is largely the same, damage wise.

Technically you do more damage with new lich bane now. with old lich bane if you had 100 ap then the bonus would be 100, with new lich bane you do 125, 75% 100 is 75 and 75 + 50 is 125.

They removed the resistance it used to provide and lowered the movement speed. The movement speed decrease was seen coming but I dont approve of removal of the resistances, the niche that lich bane was in was for characters that needed to be in the fray, as most lich bane carries also carry abyssal scepter as well.

I will say the trade off isn't as bad as I first thought but I will miss that MR it used to give.

Kandehbar

11-18-2012

Quote:
epicfilmore:
i havent looked at liche bane what was nerfed?

removed the magic resist and lowered the mana and movement speed it gave

Talamare

11-18-2012

Quote:
Kandehbar:
Technically you do more damage with new lich bane now. with old lich bane if you had 100 ap then the bonus would be 100, with new lich bane you do 125, 75% 100 is 75 and 75 + 50 is 125.

They removed the resistance it used to provide and lowered the movement speed. The movement speed decrease was seen coming but I dont approve of removal of the resistances, the niche that lich bane was in was for characters that needed to be in the fray, as most lich bane carries also carry abyssal scepter as well.

I will say the trade off isn't as bad as I first thought but I will miss that MR it used to give.

The MR thing was also expected, they nerfed most MR items as well

Kandehbar

11-18-2012

Quote:
Talamare:
The MR thing was also expected, they nerfed most MR items as well

they could have just lowered it instead of remove it though. =(

Fox P McCloud

11-18-2012

Quote:
Kandehbar:

That's an incredibly incredibly narrow view of the item; very few if any mages will have that little AP; Lich is typically viewed as an "after Deathcap" item because of the way it works (it's less so now).

So yes, while technically its early game damage is theoretically better, its mid to late is on par with the old Lich Bane, once you factor in that it's magic.