Have some fun with Active Ability Zed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycantrip

11-19-2012

Before the flames, this is a FUN build, not a competitive build.

I use my standard AD build for this:
Runes
Masteries
Revive+Exhaust/Revive+Garrison

I usually call bot lane.

Fun part, Items:
Starting
Boots
Prospector's Blade
2 HP Pots

Early
Brutalizer -> Ghostblade
Ionian Boots

Mid game
Bilgewater Cutlass
Deathfire Grasp

Late game:
Cutlass -> Gunblade
Odyn's Veil
Thornmail/Sunfire Cape

Strategy:
The items I chose were ALL based around Death Mark. which deals physical damage, so the runes and masteries I have were intended on boosting it's effectiveness. Let's look at it in detail.
ACTIVE: Zed becomes untargetable and dashes to target enemy champion. Upon arrival, he marks the target for death and spawns a living shadow behind the target. This shadow lasts 4 seconds and mimics Zed's abilities. Reactivating Death Mark will cause Zed to switch positions with this shadow.
After 3 seconds, the mark will detonate, dealing physical damage equal to 100% of Zed's attack damage plus a percentage of all magic and physical damage dealt to the target by Zed and his shadows while the mark was active. (BONUS PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 20 / 35 / 50% of damage dealt)

So physical AND magic damage are calculated into the bonus. But wait... Zed doesn't do magic damge! Oh wait, yes he does! With activated or passives from items! So some quick math, since I'm REALLY not good at math and willing to admit it.

DFG: Active: Deals magic damage to target champion equal to 15% of their current Health (+5% per 100 Ability Power) with a minimum of 200 damage (60 second cooldown).

Gunblade: Active: Deals 300 magic damage and slows the target champion's Movement Speed by 50% for 3 seconds (60 second cooldown).

Let's assume that Zed has 180 AP from items. As a target dummy, our enemy has 3000 health and 100 Armor and MR.

Opening with Ghostblade active and Deathmark. Immediately applying DFG, 225 dmg and Gunblade, 150 dmg. A fully charged Odyn's Veil adds another 100 dmg. A Physical bonus of 187 after resists and armor. A total of 662 Damage, NOT INCLUDING his basic attacks and spells or the base damage of the ultimate. That's just bonus damage. Reason I'm not calculating his basic spells in (besides the fact that I suck at math) is that there are too many other variables to account for. Whether or not you had the energy/CD for Living Shadow before the combo, whether all of your skillshots and shadow skillshots landed and if you chose to get Sunfire Cape, or if they beat themselves up on your Thornmail... IF you land them all within 3 seconds this adds up to +1000s dmg. It's doable, I landed them fairly easily. Also, with all the CDR from the items I chose, the Ulti CD is very close to the same as the item CDs

Now, if this shoddy math doesn't entice you enough to try it for yourself then just take my word for it. I tried it once, it worked, and it was fun. It helped counter vs an Irelia that was rocking Ninja Tabi and Randuin's Omen against me Bot lane 1v1. One item I want to try next time would be Blackfire Torch with this build. Most summoner's won't be prepared for Active Ability Zed.

FDru

11-20-2012

Why do this with Zed when you can do it with Poppy?

Lycantrip

11-20-2012

Because it's already been done and Zed's mechanic is cooler. Also this is less conventional since he has no AP ratios.

DiscworldDeath

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycantrip View Post
Because it's already been done and Zed's mechanic is cooler. Also this is less conventional since he has no AP ratios.
By "less conventional" you seem to mean "Hipster".

Lycantrip

11-20-2012

exactly

DG Denz Brujah

11-20-2012

ya'll have too much time on your hands to theorycraft unconventional builds (obviously due to long queue times)

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Why do this with Zed when you can do it with Poppy?

if it's for the reason of fun then why not, also, Poppy is fugly..

MMKH

11-20-2012

DFG is simply terrible to get on anyone now especially since you need to invest a lot in AP for it to do damage. Why not get an Entropy for the active instead?