Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm sorry, but Muramana is ridiculous on champions like Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

11-18-2012

It's funny how one of the champs who benefits the most from this AD item is a magic damage mage

Talamare

11-18-2012

Any mage that is single target will become semi Ryze's if this item exists

Why build AP, when you can build this and like 2-3 RoA

Mathemagically

11-18-2012

It's a late game item and until then it does very little for Ryze, or anyone. So in all honesty, if you get crushed by a Ryze that rushed Manamune and charged it to the max with autoattacks, you don't know how to finish games.

Talamare

11-18-2012

Quote:
Mathemagically:
It's a late game item and until then it does very little for Ryze, or anyone. So in all honesty, if you get crushed by a Ryze that rushed Manamune and charged it to the max with autoattacks, you don't know how to finish games.

They made Tear easier to max as well

PerfidiousAlbion

11-18-2012

They could just switch the toggle to do physical damage rather than magic damage. Late game it's less useful to diversify your damage types anyway as you'll be giving up any/all resistance penetration you've spec'd towards. Then it's bonus damage would be considerably less useful for mages, which would make sense since it's an AD item.

One Week Ago

11-20-2012

Quote:
Mathemagically:

It does not take that long to max tear + get 3k mana on Ryze with this item.

Stormsoul

11-20-2012

riot has had a colossal hard-on for ryze since he got remade into the abomination he is now, it doesn't surprise me at all.

NotBuzzJack

11-20-2012

Well I happened to fight a Ryze who bought this not too long ago. I'll use one word to describe it.
BROKEN

Dreampod

11-20-2012

Interestingly, having played a fair bit of Ryze on PBE lately (partially to test it out) I don't find that I actually upgrade to Muramana most games. Buying Tear as my first item (after boots1) I typically hit 750 mana around 28-35 minutes (usually 32ish). Early game mana costs prevent you from stacking Tear very quickly unless you get blue buff and even then spamming to maximize stacks leaves you vulnerable. Once you hit mid game the lack of targets makes charging it quite challenging unless you deliberately build low damage (which means you don't have enough mana to spam anyway) because you clear the wave in 6 casts which gives you 48 mana per minute assuming you are never roaming or positioning with you team. By the time I hit Muramana the game has always been over or one team is clearly dominant and either it is completely unneeded or insufficient to overcome to advantage the other team already has despite the ****ton of damage it deals.

shearmanator

11-20-2012

It is broken, I have been playing ryze alot on the pbe because of this. I have also created a thread on this as well. Basically my idea was to increase the mana to damage ration to 3% from 2%, and reduce the active to 3% from 4%. This may achieve some balance, and still keep the cool flavor of this item.

I have had this item stacked between the 25-30 min mark in every game so far, but I also find clarity to work well with this item. after a combo you can get your mana back to 100% to keep the high burst. In that sense its better than a ignite late game for damage. Its quite effective and keeps you in lane long enough to charge this thing quickly.