Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[petition]Allow consistent PBE players to get log in queue priority

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komeiji Koishi

11-18-2012

Adding to Nixodrius' elaborate and clairvoyant explanation for the tons of reasons why doing this would be a bad idea, if you really care about PBE why do you complain about not being able to play on a test server? First of all, it's a complete privilege to be on this server in the first place and moreover Riot's discretion as to who gets to be on the test server at any one time. Secondly, you're being given free content, free RP, Riot's generosity to even allow you a chance to make an account on this server let alone log on to it, and now you're complaining because you're not guaranteed these privileges? If you did this on the live server, Riot has a Support Team to back you up, but on here you're willingly giving up your freedom to complain.

spartanawasp

11-18-2012

How about a system that kicks people out of the PBE automatically after a set amount of time in the server? vLemon said it, one reason the queue is so long is because people don't log off. The amount of players trying to get in is higher than the one of players logging off.

So I think you should be kicked out of the server after a seta mount of time and then give somebody else the opportunity to try the new stuff.

DONGLORD420

Recruiter

11-18-2012

also fix the rediculous game queues for PBE players with a lot of wins. right now its the double whammy of a 2 hour+ login queue plus a 30 minute game queue that make it unplayable.

i dont want to make another account since mine already has all champs and a ****load of runes. riot pls

Ikrit122

11-18-2012

1. You have just alienated any individual interested in becoming what you claim you are: a tester.

2. How would you gauge who the real testers are? If I log in 3 times and find 3 critical bugs while you log in 300 times and never find a critical bug, does that make me or you more important? I played the Proving Grounds quite a bit when it was on PBE and I don't think I ever found a bug. Doesn't mean I wasn't testing.

3. This would require quite a bit of work I would imagine, work that I'm sure the folks a Riot don't want to do if it isn't necessary. Give it a few days. I've already seen the queues dropping. And I'm sure that any bug you would find will be found by someone else.

EDIT: 4. To the guy above me, a lot of games are played in Custom games, of which the game does not keep track as far as I know. So anything relevant to specific game modes like Tournament Draft and All Random, as well as the Proving Grounds, won't be tested because everyone wants to move up in queue by getting wins.

2nd EDIT: 5. I agree with Spartan A399. A time limit might work. Say, for example, 3 hours, if you being logged off at the completion of your game if you are in the middle of one.

Demonic Instinct

11-19-2012

You are not entitled to PBE access. It is first come first serve, and even if you've reported hundreds of bugs you are no more entitled to play than average Joe who has played just one game. Either put up with the queue or don't queue at all, so the queue will go faster for everyone else.

IS1a74a99a1bf8ef6608838

11-19-2012

Quote:
Demonic Instinct:
You are not entitled to PBE access. It is first come first serve, and even if you've reported hundreds of bugs you are no more entitled to play than average Joe who has played just one game. Either put up with the queue or don't queue at all, so the queue will go faster for everyone else.

So he isn't?
I think he actually is.

And YES! Someone, who actually supports the whole system/game/company by reporting bugs and do some research about it and give reports and feedbacks HAS to be more entitled to play than any average player who's just like a little parasit by testing for his own sake (i.e. to figure out, if a Champion skill set suits him or not)

And people like you, who keep going about that stuff and put all the good ones with those freeloader on the same level, are the most annoying ones in this community.

shame on you.

PRPatxi

11-19-2012

I am against this as fancy as it sounds it can screw up the login and can overflow the server, the login queue is made so the server doesnt crash due to the amount of players that hop in, and it isn't just you that contributes to the PBE daily there are hundreds of players not just from NA but from EUW,EUNE and BR.

IS1a74a99a1bf8ef6608838

11-19-2012

yeah...

and how many of these players are playing to report bugs or give feedback?
I bet less than 15% of them.
I've already suggested to restrict the PBE to a only a little amount of those players, who are actually writing in this forum and/or are registrated before this hype came up.

I really don't get your point why you are against this.
Mess up the Queue? By implementing some kind of automatic queue algorithm?
I mean, lol?! Why should that mess up and screw the server?

Thats so easy to explain. The good ones who try hard do give feedback and bug reports will be fast logged, so they can do their stuff and the other 85% who just want to see how the new champion is like for example stay out of the server.

Problem solved!

Dielyn

11-19-2012

A big part of the login queue is that Riot put it in so that they could stop doing the 6-player minimum on games because everyone was crying about that. I don't see this getting resolved anytime soon, it seems its either going to be 1.) Long log in time or 2.) 6 player minimum on all games.

Dielyn

11-19-2012

I like the idea of the algorithm to check how consistent of a tester you are, but I don't see Riot expending the resources to design such a system. While us, the players, have an issue with many things on the PBE, as far as Riot is concerned, it works fine. They don't care about making the PBE an "enjoyable playing experience", they care about getting bug reports, which regardless of the login queue/custom game cap they are getting.

Edit: and I just thought of this, they wouldn't change the log in feature, they want everything to work EXACTLY as it would on the live servers so the test experience is legitimate. so