Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[petition]Allow consistent PBE players to get log in queue priority

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

11-18-2012

Its a joke that I have to wait in line with 1000000 people who have never cared about PBE before. I don't like having to wait behind people who only come on to play to try out the new champion and then just leave after 1 game.

There are a few of us who have been consistently playing on PBE even during times when there is no hype, or who joined when PBE first opened. There are those of us who actually report feedback.

It is those of us who actually care about PBE who should be let log in first. Its stupid to wait 2 hours to log in, not being able to play normal LoL because the clients conflict just because some kid wants to try out nami for 1 game and then get bored and quit.

Nixodrius

Huntsman

11-18-2012

Not big supporter of this idea (despite being quite consistent tester for more than year). Why? Quite simple, it would require extraordinary amount of resources (just think about it....as a Riot employee you would have to check EVERY SINGLE ACCOUNT in order to find out who did participate in pbe's life). Also it would cause players to argue who has been more useful for PBE's community. Afterwards we would hear a MASSIVE outcry from people who weren't chosen by Riot, many of them would try to convince Riot to re-inspect their accounts. Of course Riot would have to refuse this request (because it would consume even more time, which is extremely precious), and people will start creating even more threads about the Riot's "Unfairness"

All in all, this idea would bring more harm than help. So I am against it

Best Regards,
Nixodrius

Zoram

11-18-2012

Too bad you feel that way. PBE should be a place where it is a privilage to get in and help test. Only the most productive people should be allowed in. Half the reason this is a good idea is that it allows more impactful players to come and play and give feedback to riot. Who cares if some baby cries that he isn't special? PBE is already semi-exclusive, it should just focus to whom it is exclusive to. This way riot gets more feedback faster. If 100 players that give feedback have 2 hours to play but can't because of log in queues, but instead 100 players ahead of them just want to play the new champion get it, is riot benefiting? Nope. Neither is the playerbase at large.

epicfilmore

11-18-2012

Quote:
vox1st:
Too bad you feel that way. PBE should be a place where it is a privilage to get in and help test. Only the most productive people should be allowed in. Half the reason this is a good idea is that it allows more impactful players to come and play and give feedback to riot. Who cares if some baby cries that he isn't special? PBE is already semi-exclusive, it should just focus to whom it is exclusive to. This way riot gets more feedback faster. If 100 players that give feedback have 2 hours to play but can't because of log in queues, but instead 100 players ahead of them just want to play the new champion get it, is riot benefiting? Nope. Neither is the playerbase at large.

and thats to say that only a few players be put ahead and say they are worth more to riot than anyone else they wont do it and as avid a beta tester as i am i would hate for this to happen yes it would be fun but just because you play more and report stuff more doesnt mean that your more important its like when poeple wanted compensation months ago (atleast those who bought rp) for servers being down so much aso stop your *****ing and complaining it happens you could just wait till after the hype of this stuff has gone down like some people do or SUCK IT UP like almost EVERYONE does

Nixodrius

Huntsman

11-18-2012

Situation you are describing had taken place once......in the mid-november last year. We had around 100 people who were eager to help (Do not really know whether you was betatester at this time, sorry )......but such small amount of testers from different time zones weren't able to track bugs effectively. At this particular time Riot had opened sign-ups (it used to be invitation-only envirnoment) for a short time, but still it wasn't enough. Situation has changed dramatically with Lulu patch when the Sign-ups were perma-opened. I am not saying that your idea is bad in its core, but introducing it would be more harmful. Reverting PBE to its original state it's not an option (since PBE wouldn't be able to work effectively) and as I said selecting "worthy" players would consume way too much time (with over 20k acounts, it is very hard to inspect who is putting enough effort) and would cause animosity within the community.

I hope that my opinion does not offend you in any way, I'm just giving another point of view which in my opinion should be taken into consideration.

Best regards,
Nixodrius

Kaalika

11-18-2012

Actually if there was some kind of automatic queue algorithm that logged people on faster with frequency of play it would help some situations.

Say you're in pbe and the client freezes on the loading screen. This has been happening more and more since the Elise patch. Now you have to close the client and relog to get back into the game and test.

Well... good luck, the queue is 2+ hours! Your team's gonna be mad at you.

However if Riot implemented a system that allowed people who were logged on most recently to be prioritized in the queue, you could get back in. The tester who is currently in a game has highest priority. The tester who last played 2 days ago will have priority over the tester who last played a week ago, but to make it fair to new signups the tester who has not played at all has priority over the tester who last played a week ago.

Prioritize by:

1. Are they in a game right now?
2. Have they played a match within the last 2 days?
3. Have they never played a match?
3. Have they played a match within the last 3-7 days?
4. Have they played a match within the last 8-14 days?

Zoram

11-18-2012

Quote:
Kaalika:
Actually if there was some kind of automatic queue algorithm that logged people on faster with frequency of play it would help some situations.

Say you're in pbe and the client freezes on the loading screen. This has been happening more and more since the Elise patch. Now you have to close the client and relog to get back into the game and test.

Well... good luck, the queue is 2+ hours! Your team's gonna be mad at you.

However if Riot implemented a system that allowed people who were logged on most recently to be prioritized in the queue, you could get back in. The tester who is currently in a game has highest priority. The tester who last played 2 days ago will have priority over the tester who last played a week ago, but to make it fair to new signups the tester who has not played at all has priority over the tester who last played a week ago.

Prioritize by:

1. Are they in a game right now?
2. Have they played a match within the last 2 days?
3. Have they never played a match?
3. Have they played a match within the last 3-7 days?
4. Have they played a match within the last 8-14 days?

if you are in a game it automatically puts you at the front of the queue already.

However what you said is exactly what I am talking about. The people who play often get 0 help in logging in while billy over there is getting on for the 3rd time ever and plans to only play 1 game then log out again.

Komeiji Koishi

11-18-2012

What's your definition of a "consistent" PBE player?

Corvo Rosso

11-18-2012

Quote:
vox1st:
Its a joke that I have to wait in line with 1000000 people who have never cared about PBE before. I don't like having to wait behind people who only come on to play to try out the new champion and then just leave after 1 game.

There are a few of us who have been consistently playing on PBE even during times when there is no hype, or who joined when PBE first opened. There are those of us who actually report feedback.

It is those of us who actually care about PBE who should be let log in first. Its stupid to wait 2 hours to log in, not being able to play normal LoL because the clients conflict just because some kid wants to try out nami for 1 game and then get bored and quit.

You don't really understand the way software testing works. It's not about having a small amount of experienced people playing for long periods of time. Contrary to what you might think, people who are experienced with a product are more likely to find only the most obvious bugs. The more people that test a product, especially those who are less familiar with the software, the more chance you have of finding the less obvious, yet potentially game breaking, bugs.

There's definitely a benefit to having experienced players test the changes, because they're the ones who will more likely notice the balance issues, or how the changes impact the overall game play. Novices are the ones who find bugs by accidentally trying to do something that isn't supposed to be done, or playing the game in a way that is not normally expected.

At the end of the day, it's actually in Riot's best interest to allow a wider demographic of players to test the content than give priority to those who feel they're more experienced (or more deserving) of the testing privileges.

Siyanor

11-18-2012

Er, actually the ones with the most priority would have to be the ones that log in nearly the LEAST. People who play PBE every day several times a day are not testing. There's rarely enough to test for that to happen.

Of course, the current PBE patch is very large and contains a lot of new stuff, so obviously there's a lot to test right now. But that doesn't mean there always was or will be a lot to test.