What countries do you think the LOL Factions are based on

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyvandil

02-12-2014

I've seen many skins and read much of the lore. I however am still wondering what the factions in LOL would be like in our present day world. So let me hear your thoughts Summoners. What Factions correspond to which countries.

KotetsuTatsumaki

02-12-2014

Ionia is obviously some conglomerate of Asain culture.

I honestly feel like Demacia and Noxus are supposed to be maybe based off of something like the United States and Russia? Perhaps maybe cold war period?

If the barbarian passification of the Noxus lore is still cannon then perhaps that could also be compared to Soviet/Afghanistan war.

Piltover just sorta feels like Sweeden or something to me. Don't ask why.

IceHound

02-12-2014

Demacia and Noxus aren't so much of countries but representations of "black and white", Noxus is suppose to be pure evil, if any thing it's based off the Sith Empire.

Same can be said about Piltover and Zaun, they're representations of a steampunk setting yet they don't exactly hold an actually culture of Earth, some people like to call Piltover a Victorian England steampunk but reality is Cait is the only piltover with a British accent and for the most part Vi, Jayce, and Ezreal don't exactly hold a 1920s look in general.

KotetsuTatsumaki

02-12-2014

Depending on how you look at Noxus not everyone is necessarily evil. Granted it does produce some pretty sick minded characters. I wouldn't say people like Morgana, Kat, and Riven for example are completely irredeemably evil for example. Point is I don't think the good/evil embodiment sticks.

Lyvandil

02-12-2014

My thoughts so far is that Demacia is based off the UK. Ionia definitely Asian influenced. Because of Piltover Customs I think Piltover is more related to the US especially since Piltover and Demacia are allies. Noxus I'd say more close to Germany. The Freljord would be some scandanavian.

Ebonmaw Dragon

02-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHound View Post
Noxus is suppose to be pure evil
Those Demacians and their stereotypes

IceHound

02-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
Those Demacians and their stereotypes
The only thing good about Noxus is that they have free healthcare...

Lyvandil

02-12-2014

Ok guys try not getting off topic.

SecretLore

02-12-2014

ionia is asia
the freljord has some nordic influences
Piltover and zaun are hard to say,they are more about steampunk
demacia and noxus are more based on europe,while demacia stands for the typical good faction and noxus is the typical evil faction,but in the end there are also some good/neutral noxians

KotetsuTatsumaki

02-13-2014

This might get a few people raging at me for various reasons but dare I compare Bandle city to Israel?

Like if you think about the Bandle mother-ship as the Wailing Wall?