Akali advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xcelerator

11-20-2012

Oh hey that's what I forgot, I'll give you my runes/masteries setup if you want to try it. It focuses mainly on early game power, which is Akali's most important phase. It also slightly focuses on mid-late game power so you don't fall off too hard.

Greater Quintessence of Potency x3
Greater Mark of Strength x9
Greater Seal of Vitality x9 (OR Greater Seal of Lucidity***)
Greater Glyph of Force x9

Masteries

Offense: 1 Brute Force, 4 Mental Force
Defense: 1 Veteran's Scars, 2 Resistance and Hardiness
Utility: 1 Summoner's Insight, 3 Expanded Mind, 4 Swiftness, 3 Transmutation, 1 Runic Affinity, 4 Awareness

***These runes are ONLY for if you have trouble maintaining your energy. The only reason why you should have trouble with it is if you use Crescent Strike often while trying to kill your target. This is not what it is used for, it should only be used for farming. The only reason why I have it on my rune page is so I can use it for Kennen or Shen (don't have many rune pages).

This setup will give you both passives at level one and you will most likely hit level 6 before your opponent to give you a big short time advantage. As I said, it strongly focuses on early game power, and slightly on late game.

jjnn89

11-21-2012

Thank you sir I will try that under the right circumstance however look in to this guide http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...li-build-guide

I love the 2 marks of destruction.

buneter

11-21-2012

use her shroud and wait for everyone to leave to figure out where you going
if your getting ganked ult to them to get closer to yoru turret
dont push until lvl 6
dont ult until you have 3 stacks unless your trying to get away
if you have your shroud and people are smart enough to stay close to it flash over a wall
your E has a short cooldown so you can use it to farm without worrying
its easy to turret dive
her Q can poke you dont need the extra damage
use your shroud to be a selfward into bushes just put the edge of it in the bush and you walk into it without being seen
go crazy with moves in a game at a part where im going crazy I almost never run out of energy i've ran out of energy 5 times and got it back in enough time to finish them off in all games ive played as her
very basic but theirs not much to her
(I main Akali)
I may sound like a noob but it seems akali ult can go though walls sometimes so if it can easy get away
ult to blue buff flash back over
if they have a leesin
ult to blue buff flash over ult back to blue buff
if theirs lee sin and someone else chasing you who cant go over walls ult to blue ult back to a champion ult to blue flash over wall
that works for many situation I just chose to do the blue example
(again it only seems to work half of the time)

Devious Rogue

11-21-2012

If you're playing against someone like me, who loves dropping pink wards everywhere because of Akalis, you should also learn to do trick engages to make them burn their wards. (i.e., make the enemy thing they'll need a pink ward somewhere, but make it so they don't)

Xcelerator

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnn89 View Post
Thank you sir I will try that under the right circumstance however look in to this guide http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...li-build-guide

I love the 2 marks of destruction.
2 Marks of Destruction only give you about 2 armor penetration...it isn't really worth very much. Even then it would be better to grab magic penetration instead.

XenoIith

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfvxfve View Post
I play Akali about as much as I play Katarina - Great low ELO champs.
Things off the top of my head that you may already know ;

1.Use shroud on your target and then dash into it.

2.Use shroud to overlap with brush when available- obfuscating your directional intent.

3.When laning, make sure enemy minions are present for an easy escape, they will not target you through your shroud. I will often tower dive and use the extra dash on a minion to evade tower shots. Another juke - when you are trading with your lane opponent and their jungler comes out to gank you, walk in the opposite direction of the enemy minions and then dash back. This will put a lot of space between you and the enemy. Very useful when you are laning top - more so than mid.

4. Abuse your auto-attack reset skills.

5. On a similar note, space out your abilities so you don't blow all your energy in one combo. For me, I have an internal metronome, probably 1 sec apart, on how I use skills. Because your R is such a powerful gap closer, you can afford to take time to whittle your target down. This also makes better use of your shroud. Sometimes you'll need to blow it all at once, but I prefer the slower approach to always make sure I can use my R.
Im interested in buying akali, is she compleyely viable mid and.top?

Xcelerator

12-01-2012

She has good match ups and bad match ups like many champions. In my experience with Akali, the better player always wins the lane. I've gone up against Garen, Singed, Cho'gath, Cassiopia, Teemo, Brand, and many more. You just have to know the other champions skill set and how to adapt to it.

PS: I've won against those champions many times, but I've also lost to them due to me playing badly or them having a higher skill level.

If you see the enemy team with plenty of tanky champions with lots of CC, it usually isn't a good idea to pick an assassin against that.