@nome blackfire torch incoming nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaFerric

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Sometimes some posts on BFT make my head hurt and my inner FDru wants to come out and yell at you kids.

The people posting about how bruisers are QQing about BFT, since they're used to being OP, and now they get a taste of their own medicine, or that the only thing BFT does is let mages compete with bruisers (1v1!), etc.

The irony in those accusations of hypocrisy is so astounding, because it's the AP players who are being hypocritical.
The item is OP. If one thing is OP, making another group OP to combat it is not the solution, this just degenerates the whole game mode and makes the distance to having a balanced game longer, not shorter.

And no, mages are not intended to win 1v1 against bruisers who get onto them.

BFT is more than gold efficient as it currently stands, and the unique passive, which is hella strong? It comes for free, basically. And yet, certain AP players argue the item is just fine, and it's bruiser players who don't want their toys taken away from them who complain.

LOL

It's the AP players making those claims who are saying BFT is nothing special who don't want their toy taken away. It's funny to see people alternate from saying BFT is just balanced, to people saying BFT is strong, but that's what mages needed, and regardless, building it on basically every champion, DoT or otherwise.

BFT's overpowered. The least you can do is admit it.
As someone who almost solely plays AP's in dom, I can say BFT is OP on some champions and fine on other. The main issue I see is with aoe/dot mechanics (singed, teemo, mumu, morde, brand are the immediate ones that come to mind, but I'm sure there are others).

You get a ridiculously large reward for landing one spell, and in mumu/singed's case, for walking. I'm not going to suggest a fix as I think it was zimike? that posted a sensible one.

DiscworldDeath

11-19-2012

Yeah, I'm not saying all AP players are like this, but addressing the AP players who are.

"Helping APs" is not the goal of fixing imbalances on Dominion. The goal is "Fixing Dominion imbalances", where aiding APs is a way to get there.

Making APs imbalanced is what might feel good to people playing AP right now, but it's important not to confuse the method with the goal, of these changes.

Das Strychnine

11-19-2012

You say making ap carries OP like Bruisers is not the answer, actually it is, except you word it negatively, instead of saying, let's make casters OP like Bruisers, let's say let's tone casters up to Bruisers level, now let's get AD Carries up to Bruiser level too and there you go, balance has been achieved, you can say, now everyone is OP, so if everyone is OP then everyone is on the same page, right?

Bruisers have super OP defensive items: Eg, Frozen Heart, Wardens Mail, Trinity Force + All defensive item builds, etc.
Casters have super OP offensive items ( sounds good): Blackfire torch

Now just give AD carries something and we're good to go.

Then we can move on to fix much more important issues like no ranked, lack of players,etc rather then cry about Teemo all day every day, (Kassadin still better btw).

DiscworldDeath

11-19-2012

1. I don't say bruisers are OP. I'm bringing the argument some people arguing for BFT are making.
2. This is text-book example of power-creep. This is NOT how you balance a game.
3. Let me give you an example that makes me feel like I'm channeling Morello in his late night posts:
We need to make APs stronger, so we do, then ADCs, then bruisers fall behind, yadda yadda yadda.
That's the beginning.

We get to the point where if any champion sees you and has 1 second to unload on you, you're dead. No matter what.
Now, since each and every champion can do this (we can even imagine a game where everyone plays the same champion, like an FPS, but in LoL), then the game is perfectly "balanced".

Yeah, that sounds like a game I'd like to play. Everyone being the same power is not necessarily good. Be it too strong, or too weak, where you just don't feel the joy of controlling a champion.
4. Again, tying to the issue of AP balance completely unrelated issues, to strengthen your argument, which can be boiled down to "I want more powerful toys".
5. Edit. 1. FH is a universal item on Dominion. Hardly a bruiser only item. And almost all these items are getting nerfed in S3.

Das Strychnine

11-20-2012

I don't know about you but I would rather be 1 shotted by an AP carry than be 2-3 Shotted by a tank or bruiser.At least the AP carry sniping me makes sense.