Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major] Cannot chat while in shop.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WavesBlade

11-18-2012

^ topic.

I'm unsure if its a bug, but when your browsing through the shop you cant chat.

If your in the all items it enters whatever you type into the search, if your in the other tab, nothing happens.

Amiithystine

11-18-2012

Yeah this has annoyed me, but I thought it was a new feature o the shop so I dunno..

BigBandit

11-18-2012

I would not count that as a feature. Shop search should only take over chat window when the search box has the text marker selected into it.

ploki122

11-18-2012

it's a feature... basically "Enter" allows you to search for items instead of chat...

c0reyp0wner

11-18-2012

Not really a "Major" issue.

WavesBlade

11-18-2012

Quote:
c0reyp0wner:
Not really a "Major" issue.

Disrupting team communication?

Sherrif

Recruiter

11-18-2012

Quote:
WavesBlade:
Disrupting team communication?

Not really... It's just a conflict of features, you can't have the search AND chat working at the same time.

WavesBlade

11-18-2012

Quote:
Sherrif:
Not really... It's just a conflict of features, you can't have the search AND chat working at the same time.

What about the other tab when search isn't up? Still can't chat then.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-18-2012

Chat provided conflicting issues with the new feature, as pointed out already.

The chat conflicting with item shop is something I have my eyes already. I'll be investigating how feasible it is to make something much more intelligent in use, but I can't really promise anything on release here.

For something simpler for now, what would your opinions on leaving chat to enter key and hijacking space bar while the shop is up to reach the search quickly?

Amariithynar

11-18-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
Chat provided conflicting issues with the new feature, as pointed out already.

The chat conflicting with item shop is something I have my eyes already. I'll be investigating how feasible it is to make something much more intelligent in use, but I can't really promise anything on release here.

For something simpler for now, what would your opinions on leaving chat to enter key and hijacking space bar while the shop is up to reach the search quickly?

Personally, that sounds really bad. Just have it require a click to set focus to the shop to type every time.