IP gain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goddess Riyu

11-18-2012

I've been playing for a few days and still don't understand what dictates IP gain. I ask before every match but always get no answer. I've searched through the help guide but it seems pvp.net doesn't feel they need to explain important aspects of the game. Not only this but lately my IP boost isn't enabled... wtf. I've missed out on over 500 IP because of this, why?

So my questions are what dictates IP gain and how do I turn IP boost back on?

Ladayen

11-18-2012

IP is awarded on time played and the type of game played. New players get an IP boost, after a certain level it shuts off and you have to buy it if you want it again.

Goddess Riyu

11-18-2012

So it doesn't matter how many hero kills, minion kills, or gold I generate? Because it seems I get more IP with Evelynn than Soraka or Ahri. (I get 20-50 bot kills per game with Evelynn)

wWWIaemMx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Well, from what i know, it depends too in which champion you are using.
You get more IP from playing a match with a support or a tank than using an AP carry, it depends too if you win or if you lose

mambawarrior0

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wWWIaemMx View Post
Well, from what i know, it depends too in which champion you are using.
You get more IP from playing a match with a support or a tank than using an AP carry, it depends too if you win or if you lose
No.
The only things that affect it are:
Time played.
Type of game.
And maybe matchmaking (e.g. relative levels of ppl you play with), I'm unsure about that though.
It can be increased by buying an IP boost or getting the first win of the day boost.
Edit: Win/lose too.
Forgot the most obvious one :/

BawksUvAydes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
No.
The only things that affect it are:
Time played.
Type of game.
And maybe matchmaking (e.g. relative levels of ppl you play with), I'm unsure about that though.
It can be increased by buying an IP boost or getting the first win of the day boost.
This, but is also affected by winning/losing. Winning gives a good amount more IP. Winning a 1 hour game is worth a LOT more than losing one.

Again, the only things that affect IP are time played, game type, win vs lose. And boosts of course.

Goddess Riyu

11-18-2012

thanks for the info! Guess I can safely go back to playing Soraka :-P