I want to design champions for LoL!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainMårvelous

11-27-2012

Bump! Adding art to the first page!

Gummibearmurder

11-27-2012

I hope thats a good start. She seemed to me that shed have long flowing red springy locks, and Probably a scottish accent lol So thats how i made her

CaptainMårvelous

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummibearmurder View Post
I hope thats a good start. She seemed to me that shed have long flowing red springy locks, and Probably a scottish accent lol So thats how i made her
More so a country accent (Deep South) but it's certainly nice! Add me on LoL sometime and I can discuss what I was thinking she'd look like.

CaptainMårvelous

11-28-2012

Bump!

EDIT: Expect a new champ tomorrow!

SirSlicksAlot

11-29-2012

I don't want to step on any toes, but do you mind if I post up a custom champion? I really like your design ideas and would enjoy seeing them. I have a couple in mind, and this seems like the best place to get feedback and to talk to people that share a similar interest.

CaptainMårvelous

11-29-2012

Alright guys, it's time for another concept! So one thing League of Legends hasn't had any of is ADCs with energy as a resource (Kennen doesn't count considering he was made to be AP initially). So I'll be introducing a new concept. Say hello to-

Ryuji, The Prodigy of Qi

LORE:

Within Ionia there exists a monastery where many monks travel to on a pilgrimage. In this secluded place monks dedicate their lives to one of three teachings: Path of the Crimson Hawk. Way of the Golden Tiger and Road of the Jade Grasshopper. Each path takes years of dedication to become a master in while also being able to one day manifest the energy of said path into defensive 'magic'. That is until Ryuji was born to a couple within the monastery.

Ryuji was born with multiple personalities, his psyche fragmented into three equal parts. Where others found pain in this disability, the monks saw power. Day and night, each section of Ryuji's personality was trained in a different art. By the age of eight, Ryuji could manifest life energy (Known as Qi) in each of the three teachings. By age ten, Ryuji was a master of Qi and could freely invoke any of the paths to his content. By age sixteen, Ryuji joined the league of legends to represent Ionia as well as to show that even from a shattered mind, balance can emerge.

"Crimson Hawk. Golden Tiger. Jade Grasshopper. Decide how your end shall come."

Ryuji's lore is a common theme with Ionia: Balance. I took main inspirtation from Udyr's lore for this character simply because how much I enjoy Udyr as a character. Along with this, the League lacks younger characters in it's parameters: Ezreal, Annie and Amumu are the youngest seen (And Ezreal may not even be that young). I saw Ryuji as an opprotunity to add another younger person to the roster while not putting in the immaturity that often plagues these characters.

Ryuji's ranged attacks are energy blasts (Qi) that color themselves according to whatever stance he's currently. Most ranged AD carries use a weapon of some sort so I set out to design something with a more arcane feel while still being AD, something that seems to only happen infrequently (See: Ezreal, Riven's 'magic') in the entire game.

PLAY STYLE

Ryuji's balanced around energy, meaning that while he can freely spam he'll have to manage his skills correctly. At early game, his skills will have high energy costs to discourage constant aggression if you're freely using every single skill as soon as the energy is available to you. Late game, however, these costs will be lowered by significant amounts meaning Ryuji can use his skills far more often and to greater effect.

. Along with this, Ryuji can augment his playstyle depending on what he wishes to max first as each skill will give him a bonus when in said 'stance'. It will also discourage abilities overpowering an opponant in a lane because you'll be using a weaker stance than what you've maxed before. While Ryuji won't have the strong damage other carries ghave without their respective ultimates, Ryuji gains overall more stats once everything is maxed as well as being able to augment his combat depending on what is required foremost.

As an ADC, Ryuji is also more reliant on 'comboing' abilities to deliver the maximum effect. While chaining three abilities at rank 1 will leave him with nearly no energy, Ryuji can:
E->W->Q. While this leaves Ryuji in harms way and vulnerable to attack, Ryuji can apply damage rapidly until W's effect wears off.
W->Q->E. The safer option, Ryuji can tag a foe with extra damage and leap away before they can counter.
E->Q->W. Ryuji can stay in combat longer and skirmish effectively.

The downside is that while Ryuji has an option for nearly every situation, he cannot do what other carries do. Draven can give him self instant movement and attack speed. Vayne can constantly use silver bolts. Kog gets range and attack speed without having to wait for level 6. While Ryuji's tools allow him to do it all, he cannot compete with an ADC in what they specialize in unless he's far ahead and they are not. However, once late game rolls around you'll have a jack of all trades who excels at nothing but has stock in everything.

MOVE LIST

Passive- Rekindled Flame: Killing a minion restores a minor amount of energy to Ryuji. If Ryuji kills a champion or assists in killing one, this bonus is tripled.

Right off the bat I knew I wanted to give Ryuji a passive that would restore his energy. With a passive like this, Ryuji can have a good amount of energy as long as he can keep killing minions. However, if Ryuji doesn't have things to kill, his energy regeneration slows to a crawl and he's forced to rely on auto-attacks to get by.

Along with this, Ryuji's an ADC which means he'll be able to continue his assault with renewed vigor every time he kills/assists in a team fight. While he can use his abilities more, he'll be focused on getting a kill so his "investment" in energy spending goes towards getting more energy back.

Q- Crimson Hawk: When activated, Ryuji sends out a crimson hawk, the hawk dealing damage once it hits a target. Upon using this ability, Ryuji moves into Hawk stance, gaining bonus attack speed for a few seconds.

Foremost, Ryuji has a bread-and-butter attack speed boost plus a ranged poke. It's just a little bonus Ryuji can send out to deal some more damage as well as swap to a stance. Ryuji's stance mechanic plays out depending on what he's activated last: If he uses Q->W->E, he'll be placed in E stance. Each stance only lasts a few seconds so that Ryuji cannot constantly have a bonus up at all times whereas other champions have their skill built in (Caitlyn's passive, Vayne's Bolts).

In addition, while this lacks the utility of maxing other skills, this will be Ryuji's main method of applying damage with a poke while not in range. Players will have to make a choice with maxing Q over other skills if they do not need the utility other skills offer.

W- Golden Tiger: Ryuji marks a foe with a slash of qi-claws at range, dealing additional damage to that target. Upon using this ability Ryuji moves into Tiger stance, gaining bonus life steal for a few seconds.

If Q is Ryuji's basic damage stance, W is Ryuji's sustained damage stance. While Ryuji doesn't have the straight damage boost other carries have, Ryuji trades this for built-in sustain that allows Ryuji to outlane his foe longer...should this be maxed first and Ryuji can attack foes while such is happening. The bonus damage to a target means that while Ryuji can stay in a sustained fight longer against a target, he cannot peg a target, get out of range and assault with Q.

However, Ryuji is more focused on late-game than early or mid game: Building heavy sustain in W will mean Ryuji will have to neglect one of his other skills and will be lacking in one of those other areas. Against an AD who can automatically pull out a large AS bonus without investing heavily into it, Ryuji will have a far harder mid-game and will only pick up his stride late game where he's maxed all his skills.

E- Jade Grasshopper: Ryuji leaps a short distance from combat, damaging all enemies he hits upon landing. Upon using this ability Ryuji moves into Grasshopper stance, gaining bonus movement speed.

E is both Ryuji's escape and his best utility option. While not many people will max E, the plus side to using it and maxing it means that Ryuji can be far more mobile that other ranged carries (Ezreal included) but at the cost of losing buffs to his damage.

However, unlike other carries, Ryuji has both a jump and a movement speed increase. While it won't be instant, it will certainly give Ryuji a bit more safety among the late game carries who have less movement to rely on and are built around flash being their main escape or one of their main escapes.

R- Avatar of the Paths: When activated, Ryuji gains the passive bonus of Q, W and E for a few seconds. While under this effect, each skill is also buffed to a heightened level:

Crimson Hawk now sends out a great hawk, mauling the target it hits while granting sight of the target. Ryuji gains range when in Hawk Avatar stance.

Golden Tiger now rends a target deeply, additional damage being given as true damage. Ryuji gains spell vamp equal to his life steal while in Tiger Avatar stance.

Jade Grasshopper now launches Ryuji further, the landing damage slowing enemies it hits. Ryuji breaks slows on him when he moves into Grasshopper Avatar stance.

This ability gives Ryuji the power of every single skill he has. Meaning that while he'll get the maximum passive Q, he'll only gain a little W and E because he didn't put many points into these. Once more Ryuji has to decided (In the short time he's allowed) which stance will be best suited for this battle and how much time he has to kill the enemy while the ultimate is active.

Along with that, Ryuji's ultimate would not last as long as, say, Vayne's ultimate. Ryuji would have to max each skill as well as put points into his ultimate to get the full benefit of each stance. Whereas Ryuji won't have the raw power of Vayne's ultimate, he WILL be able to adapt to the situation and balance where he team is strongest accordingly.

SAMPLE QUOTES

Upon selection: "Qi will run through their bodies: Literally and metaphorically."

Movement Quotes
"We move as one, summoner."
"Each path, a choice."
"Haste shall be made."

Attack Quotes
"Feel the sting of qi."
"Severe their ties to this world."
"You lack balance, it shall be your fall."

Taunt: "I've held conference with each personality...we all agree you must perish."
Joke: "A grasshopper is eaten by a hawk. A hawk is mauled by a tiger....Tiger is OP."

With Ryuji, it should come as a shock that he has split personalities. He's attained such a balance that he seems completely and perfectly normal despite his conidition. The other thing that must be made abundantly clear is that while he's balanced, balance allows no room for personality: He'd be stiff, without emotion almost. Similar to Shen if you will.

CaptainMårvelous

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSlicksAlot View Post
I don't want to step on any toes, but do you mind if I post up a custom champion? I really like your design ideas and would enjoy seeing them. I have a couple in mind, and this seems like the best place to get feedback and to talk to people that share a similar interest.
You'd probably be better off making your own thread, as this is mostly for my dream to design champions for LoL while your thread could be more focused on your own desires and concepts. I wish you all the luck however!
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

CaptainMårvelous

11-30-2012

Bump!

CaptainMårvelous

12-02-2012

Bump!

j c0le

12-02-2012

dude, stop wasting your time. no one cares.