I want to design champions for LoL!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dumponursoul

11-22-2012

I love the first one, go robocop

CaptainMårvelous

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumponursoul View Post
I love the first one, go robocop
Hey thanks!

CaptainMårvelous

11-25-2012

Alrighty everyone, it's officially Sunday here on my side of the world so I'm going to add a new champion. So one thing the league vastly lacks is female tanks as well as some skills we haven't seen before. So let's all give some applause to-

Maggie, The Mistress of Magnets

LORE:

Maggie Garaham always had a passion for technology that would rival a yordle. Unlike a Yordle, however, Maggie was always vastly unhinged. Born in Piltover, Maggie quickly made a reputation for her absolutely insane experiments. It wasn't uncommon to have a playdate with Maggie and walk away with a faux Hextech cannon grafted to your bike, after all. As she grew older, Maggie let her experiments become more and more unhinged...and eventually, the Piltover government shut her down after her most dangerous experiment: Replacing both her arms with massive metal prosthetics that could channel magnetism.

Where a door closed, a window opened. Zaun was more than welcoming of Maggie's 'unique' brand of insanity and quickly set her to become one of Zaun's top scientists. Maggie quickly found that she was losing interest without a proper way to test her inventions (Most importantly, her massive metal arms) and as such petitioned the Zaun government to induct her to fight for them in the League. Maybe she'd find a way to make her inventions even STRONGER...

"As homely and sweet as she may be, Maggie lacks the fundamental ties to reality we all need."

Maggie is insane...and not "GRR I WANT POWER" insane. She just doesn't have the ties to earth other champions have. I took a lot of inspiration from Lulu with this and wanted to create something with the same amount of freedom and silly nature of Lulu...but about twenty times more threatening.

PLAY STYLE

As a tank, Maggie's main requirement is to get in and disrupt. All the while soaking damage and forcing enemies to attack her simply because they don't want her running around freely. Nautilus was my main inspiration for her kit as I feel his best conveys the appropriate mixture of tanking, initiation and originality without relying on 'cheap' concepts such as taunting.

However, I also set about making Maggie an able support. Leona's currently one of the few tanks who work well bot simply because of how much initiation she has as well as how much CC she can allow in even a level two fight. Maggie, while not offering the same damage as Leona with her passive, will allow for a bit of stronger CC and more supportive boosting for her lane partner by debuffing enemies

The con to Maggie's set is that she has no instant jump into a fight. Whereas Naut has his anchor to jump right in, Leona has her blade and Amumu hs the bandage toss? Maggie has to run in,flash or use her ultimate, meaning she has to commit far more to a dive than other tanks (Like Malphite).

MOVE LIST

Passive- Magnetic Disruption: Maggie's repeated attacks against the same target cause her to disorient the target. Four repeated strikes will root the target for one second.

Maggie's playstyle vastly relies making your target stay where you want them too and not letting them escape (Much like nautilus). However, unlike Nautilus who has an on-demand root, Maggie will have to invest in sticking to her target. This can easily result in a poor choice as a Maggie who focuses too much on rooting said target might just miss that she's chasing Ezreal right into an ambush.

Q- Shock: Maggie zaps a target with electricity, forming a bond between her and the target. Maggie gains movement speed while moving to the target. Should Maggie hit the target while they are tethered, the chain will break and stun the target for one second.

Unlike other supports who have an on-demand stun, Maggie's is a two way street. On one hand she gains bonus MS into their team and can easily follow up with her passive for two seconds of CC with Maggie right in their face. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Maggie doesn't get that stun unless she jumps in. While it can be used just to add some extra damage to a target, you'd be wasting the stun and the speed boost to try and do that.

W- North Crusher/South Slam: Maggie performs one of two attacks. If Shock was used last, Maggie can use W to perform north crusher which will lower a unit's resistances. If Magnetic was used last Maggie can use W to perform South slam, which will increase her own resistances by E's amount while also giving her a shield equal to a percentage of her health. Armor/MR expires if the shield is broken

Maggie's W will require some thought. While it can easily be used just for more damage, you'll only get the maximum benefit if you consider what you're facing. While Maggie can have one or the other, she'll never be able to get her cooldown low enough to apply both buff and debuff. It all demends on how much you trust your team. Not to mention how high your tank stats are! Along with this, units will find a desire to attack Maggie. Don't break the shield before her E comes back? Tough luck, she just got a lot of resistances.

E- Magnetic Field: Passively, Maggie gains armor and MR. When activated Maggie bursts her shield, slowing targets around her while removing her armor and MR passive. Auto-attacking lowers the cooldown of Magnetic field.

For Maggie's E I really wanted to do something that made you both a support and a tank. Like Taric, this ability is another skill that really requires Maggie to commit to attacking the enemy and going for that kill. By removing her passive buff, Maggie will find that she must really decide if her lane partner can take down this enemy. I also wanted to add an auto-attack bonus to this ability simply to make Maggie stick to her target and not just "Ok use E, now let's run back."

R- Giga-Polar Punch: Maggie leaps forward and slams her fist into the ground, silencing enemies hit with the initial punch. While channeling this spell, enemies are slowed and pulled to Maggie. After two seconds the spell ends, dealing damage to all enemies as well as stunning any enemies who are near/at the center.

Maggie's ultimate is much akin to Galio's. While she doesn't have the straight-CC Galio's ultimate allows (With a few seconds of taunting), she trades that for leaping to perform this spell as well as silencing enemies, preventing channel interruptions. However, Maggie requires that her enemies are pulled into the center for a full effect. If a champion is fast enough and wasn't hit with the initial punch they can freely interrupt her spell or simply move out of the center.

With this ult I wanted to allow Maggie a way to start a fight but at the same time give a bit of combo-ability with her spells. While you can easily jump into a fight with her ultimate and just blow your skills, it's also possible to shock an enemy, stun them once you're close enough and follow up with your ultimate right where you are, for sure silencing a target and starting a fight on someone.

SAMPLE QUOTES

Upon Selection: "Y'picked little ol' me? Alrigh' sugar, let's do this."

Movement
"On the way."
"Le's move, hon."
"Comin' through, darlin'!"

Attacking
"Look away sweetie, this'll get messy."
"Hopefully ya'll can offer me a challange."
"No need ta' upgrade to beat -you-."

Taunt: "C'mon, honey bunch. Mama wants to play a lil'."
Joke: *Maggie looks at both of her massive metal arms* "Built like this an' I STILL can't carry this kinda team!"

For Maggie I wanted to add a southern belle of sort. Very sweet yet full of odd mannerisms that compliment her insane and goofy nature. All of her nicknames for the summoner provoke less of a "Wow this woman is flirting with me" and more of a "This woman's treating me like a mother."

CaptainMårvelous

11-25-2012

Bump!

AlyxTheKitty

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptanMarvelous View Post
Hemsworth, The Gentlemanly Hunter
He needs to be voiced by Sean Connery.

CaptainMårvelous

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyxTheKitty View Post
He needs to be voiced by Sean Connery.
If Sean Connery don't mind man, all for it.

CaptainMårvelous

11-26-2012

Extrra bump!

Michelle Aria

11-26-2012

Good luck!

Gummibearmurder

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptanMarvelous View Post
Alrighty everyone, it's officially Sunday here on my side of the world so I'm going to add a new champion. So one thing the league vastly lacks is female tanks as well as some skills we haven't seen before. So let's all give some applause to-

Maggie, The Mistress of Magnets

LORE:

Maggie Garaham always had a passion for technology that would rival a yordle. Unlike a Yordle, however, Maggie was always vastly unhinged. Born in Piltover, Maggie quickly made a reputation for her absolutely insane experiments. It wasn't uncommon to have a playdate with Maggie and walk away with a faux Hextech cannon grafted to your bike, after all. As she grew older, Maggie let her experiments become more and more unhinged...and eventually, the Piltover government shut her down after her most dangerous experiment: Replacing both her arms with massive metal prosthetics that could channel magnetism.

Where a door closed, a window opened. Zaun was more than welcoming of Maggie's 'unique' brand of insanity and quickly set her to become one of Zaun's top scientists. Maggie quickly found that she was losing interest without a proper way to test her inventions (Most importantly, her massive metal arms) and as such petitioned the Zaun government to induct her to fight for them in the League. Maybe she'd find a way to make her inventions even STRONGER...

"As homely and sweet as she may be, Maggie lacks the fundamental ties to reality we all need."

Maggie is insane...and not "GRR I WANT POWER" insane. She just doesn't have the ties to earth other champions have. I took a lot of inspiration from Lulu with this and wanted to create something with the same amount of freedom and silly nature of Lulu...but about twenty times more threatening.

PLAY STYLE

As a tank, Maggie's main requirement is to get in and disrupt. All the while soaking damage and forcing enemies to attack her simply because they don't want her running around freely. Nautilus was my main inspiration for her kit as I feel his best conveys the appropriate mixture of tanking, initiation and originality without relying on 'cheap' concepts such as taunting.

However, I also set about making Maggie an able support. Leona's currently one of the few tanks who work well bot simply because of how much initiation she has as well as how much CC she can allow in even a level two fight. Maggie, while not offering the same damage as Leona with her passive, will allow for a bit of stronger CC and more supportive boosting for her lane partner by debuffing enemies

The con to Maggie's set is that she has no instant jump into a fight. Whereas Naut has his anchor to jump right in, Leona has her blade and Amumu hs the bandage toss? Maggie has to run in,flash or use her ultimate, meaning she has to commit far more to a dive than other tanks (Like Malphite).

MOVE LIST

Passive- Magnetic Disruption: Maggie's repeated attacks against the same target cause her to disorient the target. Four repeated strikes will root the target for one second.

Maggie's playstyle vastly relies making your target stay where you want them too and not letting them escape (Much like nautilus). However, unlike Nautilus who has an on-demand root, Maggie will have to invest in sticking to her target. This can easily result in a poor choice as a Maggie who focuses too much on rooting said target might just miss that she's chasing Ezreal right into an ambush.

Q- Shock: Maggie zaps a target with electricity, forming a bond between her and the target. Maggie gains movement speed while moving to the target. Should Maggie hit the target while they are tethered, the chain will break and stun the target for one second.

Unlike other supports who have an on-demand stun, Maggie's is a two way street. On one hand she gains bonus MS into their team and can easily follow up with her passive for two seconds of CC with Maggie right in their face. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Maggie doesn't get that stun unless she jumps in. While it can be used just to add some extra damage to a target, you'd be wasting the stun and the speed boost to try and do that.

W- North Crusher/South Slam: Maggie performs one of two attacks. If Shock was used last, Maggie can use W to perform north crusher which will lower a unit's resistances. If Magnetic was used last Maggie can use W to perform South slam, which will increase her own resistances by E's amount while also giving her a shield equal to a percentage of her health. Armor/MR expires if the shield is broken

Maggie's W will require some thought. While it can easily be used just for more damage, you'll only get the maximum benefit if you consider what you're facing. While Maggie can have one or the other, she'll never be able to get her cooldown low enough to apply both buff and debuff. It all demends on how much you trust your team. Not to mention how high your tank stats are! Along with this, units will find a desire to attack Maggie. Don't break the shield before her E comes back? Tough luck, she just got a lot of resistances.

E- Magnetic Field: Passively, Maggie gains armor and MR. When activated Maggie bursts her shield, slowing targets around her while removing her armor and MR passive. Auto-attacking lowers the cooldown of Magnetic field.

For Maggie's E I really wanted to do something that made you both a support and a tank. Like Taric, this ability is another skill that really requires Maggie to commit to attacking the enemy and going for that kill. By removing her passive buff, Maggie will find that she must really decide if her lane partner can take down this enemy. I also wanted to add an auto-attack bonus to this ability simply to make Maggie stick to her target and not just "Ok use E, now let's run back."

R- Giga-Polar Punch: Maggie leaps forward and slams her fist into the ground, silencing enemies hit with the initial punch. While channeling this spell, enemies are slowed and pulled to Maggie. After two seconds the spell ends, dealing damage to all enemies as well as stunning any enemies who are near/at the center.

Maggie's ultimate is much akin to Galio's. While she doesn't have the straight-CC Galio's ultimate allows (With a few seconds of taunting), she trades that for leaping to perform this spell as well as silencing enemies, preventing channel interruptions. However, Maggie requires that her enemies are pulled into the center for a full effect. If a champion is fast enough and wasn't hit with the initial punch they can freely interrupt her spell or simply move out of the center.

With this ult I wanted to allow Maggie a way to start a fight but at the same time give a bit of combo-ability with her spells. While you can easily jump into a fight with her ultimate and just blow your skills, it's also possible to shock an enemy, stun them once you're close enough and follow up with your ultimate right where you are, for sure silencing a target and starting a fight on someone.

SAMPLE QUOTES

Upon Selection: "Y'picked little ol' me? Alrigh' sugar, let's do this."

Movement
"On the way."
"Le's move, hon."
"Comin' through, darlin'!"

Attacking
"Look away sweetie, this'll get messy."
"Hopefully ya'll can offer me a challange."
"No need ta' upgrade to beat -you-."

Taunt: "C'mon, honey bunch. Mama wants to play a lil'."
Joke: *Maggie looks at both of her massive metal arms* "Built like this an' I STILL can't carry this kinda team!"

For Maggie I wanted to add a southern belle of sort. Very sweet yet full of odd mannerisms that compliment her insane and goofy nature. All of her nicknames for the summoner provoke less of a "Wow this woman is flirting with me" and more of a "This woman's treating me like a mother."

I loved Maggie so much, I started making some concept art... Heres a link if you wanna see it:

http://jstn4all.deviantart.com/art/Maggie-W-I-P- 340039714?ga_submit_new=10%253A1354044630

Only like 30 minutes of drawing but i think i like it (For now... needs more work)

<WOOPS! the link was broken i think... here it is: http://jstn4all.deviantart.com/#/d5mg8bm > Hopefully

CaptainMårvelous

11-27-2012

Wagh. Thank you!!!