Toxic champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tasao

11-18-2012

Shaco and Rammus can be toxic because of their propensity for constant (and usually useless) backdooring that forces their team to 3v4 and lose constantly. All it takes is one out of the 4 other people top having a good head on their shoulders to shut down their backdoor plays. As you rise in Elo more people on a team camp speed shrines and watch the minimap and make smart plays and that gameplay dissolves. I saw an inverse relationship between number of Revives in my game vs Shacos and Rammus's as I moved from Ghost/Exhaust territory to Revive elo.

Personally, I feel like Darius, Jayce, Jax, and Teemo screw the mode up pretty hard. Poppy, too, but nobody seems to play her anymore. Yorick ruins bottom lane.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel like Supports are actually pretty bad as well. A good one makes engaging on their team nigh impossible. And makes disengaging very hard. You can't dive windmill with a good support up there. It's suicide. Maybe if more players knew the wisdom of jungle ganking and backcapping as a team to bait the enemy off the point they wouldn't be so bad. But in my (probably middle) elo people tend to try to siege windmill even though their dives get shut down by janna tornados and ults, lulu transmogs and ults, sona ults, etc. All of which combo hard with other ults and garrison. Considering they're balanced for very low gold income on SR, and their kits tend to be super high in utility with decent base numbers, they can afford to build pure tank and make it impossible to eliminate them first.

Plus, somehow I always get glass cannon supports on my team that can't kill anything and still die in 2 hits.

Bunnle

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghrope View Post
Teemo.

Teemo, Teemo, Teemo. Teemo players almost always have a negative attitude or type like annoying weaboos, and everything about him and his kit are annoying. I hate Teemo so much.
This guy knows what he's talking about. There's a Teemo in every game.
Every. Single. Game.

MajorUrsa

11-18-2012

This is exactly what RiotNome was talking about with the disparity between the 99% of Dominion players and the upper echelons of top ELO players.

At lower ELO's champions like Shaco, Rammus, Singed are "toxic" pubstompers, much like Derpius at lower ELO SR play, or pre-nerf Eve.

bierfaust

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Cassiopeia, Singed, Teemo, Twitch.
I see what you did there.

On a side note though, Shaco and Rammus are far from toxic and not nearly as much of a problem as you (OP) think. It's more likely you're at a lower ELO where these champions appear OP but aren't. Same with Darius.

It's equivalent to say Morde or Garen being considered OP by low ELO players on SR, when in actual fact, once you get above 1000 ELO or something like that you realise that really isn't true and there are far bigger problems than them.

It's a perspective thing. Different champs are strong at different ELOs. Wasn't that long ago I would have considered Jax a perma banned champ, still do occasionally when we have no reliable CC to take him out with. But after watching a Dominate Dom game and seeing that he was never banned makes me realise that he is beatable and not really a big issue at higher ELO than I'm currently at. I just can't quite see that in every encounter I have with him.

bierfaust

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
This is exactly what RiotNome was talking about with the disparity between the 99% of Dominion players and the upper echelons of top ELO players.

At lower ELO's champions like Shaco, Rammus, Singed are "toxic" pubstompers, much like Derpius at lower ELO SR play, or pre-nerf Eve.

Which is exactly what happens with SR (Morde, Darius, Garen, etc.) and yet they still have ranked, and low people look to the high ELO people for guidance and opinions. Yet another argument for adding Ranked. You can't deny that this exact same situation occurs in SR despite them having Ranked, so it's not a valid excuse for denying DOM Ranked.

There will always be a different group of champs that are considered OP at a given ELO, that's only natural and relates to the average skill level of that bracket. If a champ is considered OP by ALL brackets, then they are without a doubt OP and need addressing.