Why do players in Co-op vs. AI almost always rush to cap Windmill(top)?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemous

11-15-2012

I hardly ever play Co-op vs AI beginner.

It does make some sense(I'm giving that more credit than it deserves) to rush to top to try to ward off the bots that rush to top to capture it, but why rush to the top point when you don't have your full group that's going top there with you to help?

I see so many games where players on bot matches rush top and either get killed or go top and end up retreating back to the refinery because they rushed into a fight they couldn't handle. Why do that?

I don't know if it is just me but doesn't it make more sense for everyone who is going top to capture the refinery first so you can capture it faster, have it on your side and have your whole group who is going top to help you fend off against the bots that are up top so you don't end up scattering your players as much as they go top?

I've heard one time it's because the bots rush top and that's why players must rush top, but why?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

youa re the oen that's wrong, only one is needed to cap your middle point it holds true for pvp as well as pve, technically you are the one gimping your team if you don't rush top with them because as i already stated onlyone is needed to cap and the returns for capping together are negligible.

SylianEUW

11-15-2012

Imagine 4 of your team caps your mid. Okay, the bots have 1 cap mid and 3 cap top. Which team do you think will get top?

DiscworldDeath

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
Imagine 4 of your team caps your mid. Okay, the bots have 1 cap mid and 3 cap top. Which team do you think will get top?
Obviously, Rammus bot. Except he usually goes bot lane >.>

Clarste

11-16-2012

I can't tell you what's necessarily better (in that a team that coordinates is better than any individual action), but in basically every PvP game of Dominion you have one person take mid while 3 go top. Even if that's not what happens, you still only leave one mid and change routes mid-jungle so they can't tell that you're not. There seems to be this strange phenomenon in the bot games where more than one person stops to cap mid, but that only happens there. In the end it doesn't make much difference because the bots are just terrible, but if someone runs top alone it's probably because they normally play PvP.

KaWraith

11-18-2012

the bots will take and hold the windmill in this instance. (which is what happens in PvP)
the silly notion of sending multiple people to cap mid is what causes those who rush top to be outnumbered and lose the windmill...
if you send 3 top you can stop and kill the bots easily

otirruborez

11-18-2012

stop playing bots and you will see why.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemous View Post
I've heard one time it's because the bots rush top and that's why players must rush top, but why?
In most situations it is almost always better to rush to top. [ 1 person to bottom lane, 1 caps mid and then catches up with the other 3 who went to top ]

Against bots it doesn't matter so much - but in PvP it is vital