Overlords Bloodmail vrs Frost Mallet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreadfulTide

11-18-2012

so after playing 3 rounds today where the other team all stacked frost mallets I began to wonder something.

Whats the Point of overlords bloodmail if it is out performed by the Mallet all the time.

BloodMail
Recipe: Giant's Belt + Ruby Crystal
Total gold cost: 2565 (combine cost: 980)
+850 Health
Unique Passive: On kill or assist, heal 200 HP over 5 seconds.

Frozen Mallet
Total Price: 3250
20 Attack Damage, 700 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Physical attacks reduce your target's Movement Speed by 40% for 2.5 seconds. (30% for ranged attacks)

So for 800 gold less i can have 150 HP more and a passive that MAY help me if my team can get a kill compared too...

A utility that always helps and damage.

I just don't feel that the bloodmail is worth it or even a viable option over the frost mallets superior utility when i can get what the bloodmail does with a bit of lifesteal.

Discuss.

WillWW

11-18-2012

/agree.

Zanendrox

11-18-2012

I also agree

LordForrest

11-18-2012

Personally i feel that they should have made a mini warmogs instead like, it has the base stats but doesnt stack

WhiskyInTheJar

11-18-2012

Blood Mail is for late game "I have nothing else better to build but another warmogs"
for what riot meant to make tt, into a double ace type game... getting 1 kill while ur 50 hp can save it being 3 for 3 into 2 for 3, in the late game that one kill less could mean alot. also if your highly skilled it can work out good

Kalarepa

11-18-2012

I agree, overlords bloodmail is pretty bad. Passive is useful only if I'm already winning and enemies die. I feel like it would be much better on SR.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

imho they should change it into a weaker thornmail

Insanus

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombotMECHA View Post
imho they should change it into a weaker thornmail
Imho they should make it into an AP nuker item. Or maybe an atk spd / cd item with an active that spawns a dragon.

Oh and i agree with OP

Boo

11-19-2012

they did this on purpose to give tanky champions the shaft. really ****ed over champions like volibear and mundo with this garbage item. not that warmogs was ever worth building after nerf, but still

NotoriousBLT

11-19-2012

Agreed with OP. I see no reason to get Bloodmail when I can just buy a Frozen Mallet.