Zed is probably the worst champion ever released.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primanocte

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alithalor View Post
Riven UP
Ori UP
Lee UP
Jayce is nothing special
Viktor UP
Trundle UP

Those are just some of the posts you will find a few days after those Champion releases. Zed isn't as weak as people think. You just need to learn how to play him. He could use some QoL tweaks but honestly, he's a pretty sick AD Caster. Granted Lee's damage was Buffed after release but a lot of those Buffs were also QoL tweaks. I really want to see how different his stats are from release now.
Lee got buffs because he was weak, Riven was hot fixed she was so bad, wasn't around for Jayce's release, Viktor had bugs, Trundle no one complained about.

Alithalor

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Lee got buffs because he was weak, Riven was hot fixed she was so bad, wasn't around for Jayce's release, Viktor had bugs, Trundle no one complained about.
Lee
- Got some major Damage/Stat Buffs (mainly to scaling) and QoL tweaks so he was more fluid. However, if you look at the Buffs and Nerfs he has gotten his Damage/Stats are probably not that far off from where he started. He just scales better now.
http://www.lol-patch.com/lee-sin.html

Riven
- Riven was "Hotfixed" because her Ult had this odd windup time and they made Wings more fluid. But her actual Damage/Scaling wasn't touched. Infact her Dmaage/Stats have been Nerfed more than anything. They also reblanced the damage on her Abilities at one point.
http://lol-patch.com/riven.html

Victor
- There's the laser thing that still needs to be fixed, but a lot of people think he isn't good. But he's actually amazing in the right hands. If you look up the Viktor QQ threads most people are turned off by the fact he only has 5 items, which does make him weaker than other APs AP for AP but he brings so much to the team it's kind of ridiculous.

Trundle
- No one really talks about Trundle. He was released and there were some posts about how he was meh and everyone seemed to have forgotten about him. Then during one tourney someone pointed out 8 SECOND AE SLOW THAT BLOCKS!!! and everyone was all wooo Trundle. But he's been forgotten about again.

Resolute Riven

11-19-2012

Syndra is actually the worst champion EVER released - with a 31% win rate! Since then, theyve buffed her three times and she still has once of the lowest win rates in the game.

Iromice

Recruiter

11-19-2012

Bottom line is Zed's horrible, barely average if you can play him right. Needs a buff obviously, and his kit is extremely unoriginal. Not to mention his ult sucks for him being an "assassin". 3 seconds until it actually pops, and you have to hit the target with all your abilities to do decent damage to them.

Psillycybin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

There's nothing wrong with Zed except a couple mechanics issues in his kit. If played well he is very good. I bought him a few days ago and he is one of my new favorite champs, I have fun every game unless my team feeds horrible. He has counters just like every champion, but I sincerely hope he doesn't get buffed too much because he will become over powered and too easy.

Human Jerky

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Did Zed combo with Death Mark?

If Yes
-Is the target dead? If yes
--He did his job.
-If no
--He didn't combo right, because that !@#% freaking HURTS.

If No
-Did he wtf slow everyone to allow a disengage to better prep? If yes
--GG Akali can't do that.
-If no
--GG It's a bad Zed.

He hasn't even been out a week.

He's an Assassin.

He's an Energy Champion.

That's three huge strikes against anyone playing Zed for playing it effectively. Give it time.
The only time you'll land a combo with Death Mark on someone competent is if they are playing a champ with zero gap closers. The second you become untargetable, they'll just dash. At that point, the best you can do is try to chase with Living Shadow. At that point,you might get some dmg on them, but you won't be getting a triple q(which, if they are bad enough or dumb enough to stick around for, does just an outrageous amount of dmg).

Do I think Zed is the worst champion ever? No. I like Zed a lot, I've had games where I've absolutely rolled the other team(generally vs typical mids). I've also had games where I've become a non-factor because, as an Assassin, I fell behind. The issue I've noticed is, the games where I've rolled the other team was full of extremely bad players. The games in which I've become a non-factor, the players were okay, not great, but not stupid enough to stick around for my ult plus combo.

I have some hope that with S3 items he'll become better, but I fear that without a silence or some sort of CC on his Ulti, he will be a very situational counter pick mid.

Traegon

11-19-2012

Not all champions are meant to be carries. >.>

Thubgar

11-19-2012

i think the issue is with the upcoming season 3.
his mechanics will synergies really well with the new black cleaver.

Dazed Donuts

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIELIKEI View Post
Zed OP with morde... you see zed goes bot support and starts towerdiving/harassing their ADC which ofc allows your ADC to farm freely. Morde is mid farming up and picking up a kill now and then. By mid game zed ganks mid, dies to the opposing mid (which resets the death gold counter back to 300) and morde picks up another kill. During team fights zed uses his ulti and shadows generally to make the screen more crowded so people forget to run away from mordes AoEs, then zed starts backdooring because his bounty is now worth less than a creep. Late game: Zed facechecks bushes and baits for around 1 second before your entire team (including your adc who ZED allowed to farm freely and your morde who ZED gave gold to by resetting the bounty by dying) all focus the opposing ADC (who is fed and dominating because ZED towerdove early) and burst her down (because ZED managed to slow her by 45% for a total of 1.5 GLORIOUS SECONDS <-- zed's only cc).
Ghost Carry
Pentakill
and thats GG

ok enough of that.... ive played zed a few times and he seems to be able to do massive amounts of damage provided you have a galio, amumu, alistar and malphite on your team constantly cc-ing them for you. Zed doesnt have any cc... he needs phage to do any sort of chasing. His only escape happens to be crucial to his combo so you have to chose between a little more burst or a semi flash. His ulti looks twice as good as it is... but he doesnt do any initial burst with it but deals his attack damage (with 6 bts that 6*100 *150% 900), 725 + 50% of his damage over 3 seconds. Around 2k damage total, single target nuke with a 3 second delay before reductions, placing you effectively in the middle of the enemy team.

Now lets suppose Zed goes AP with 5 rabadons and a dfg. now that gives you (140*5+80 )*130% = 1014 AP. This deals 65% of the opponents current hp. with zeds ulti that is 150%*65% = 97.5%
BUT WAIT! Zeds passive deals 10% (15% with his ulti) of his opponents MAX HP in magic damage if it is below 50%! add that to your already staggering 97.5% reaches a total of 112.5% of ANYONES HP (mr not counted... just get a full mr page). THAT IS SO OP. and whats even more.... your entire combo has a 1 MINUTE CD thats like a free kill EVERY MINUTE. So you see... we all are building Zed wrong.... A true Zed master goes full AP and bursts like no other! Call now at 9110-188-3496 FOR YOUR FREE TRIAL!
tl;dr

Kaosovic

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
I get the impression Zed will be better vs better players, you know, the kind who ward Akali to death. He has untargetability on his ult for epic clutches and he has retarded long range on his harass too tbh if you know what you are doing.

That being said, I'm pretty sure his W will see a CD reduction to something like 10 seconds at max level with no CDR. He might also get a buff to the range he can swap with his living shadow from.
The untargetable nature of his ult really is clutch. If you combine that aspect + ignite, you can burst down many a lvl 7-10 turret-dive gank. Use that along with a shadow swap first and you have at least 4 hits of turret dmg you can bait before they can finish you off.