@nome blackfire torch incoming nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lylfo5

11-18-2012

It might be a bad idea to nerf BFT now when new items are coming soon. New S3 items are in the PBE and from the looks of it, there are a whole lot more new items that seem a lot more powerful than what we have now.

I noticed people are starting to deal with BFT a lot better now. Also, I've noticed more AP champs in my games, but bruisers and ADC are still quite viable in dominion. Maybe the interactions of the passive and tanky champions are too good, so a scaling AP on the %hp DoT might be a good change.

DiscworldDeath

11-18-2012

Except the item is OP, compared to everything?

Tempestphile

11-18-2012

I can accept BFT the way it is, only if they delete Teemo

ricedream5

11-18-2012

It's not OP at all compared to SOTD. And Frozen Fist.
It's not even going to be the best item on Teemo...that will be Hurricane.

lylfo5

11-18-2012

There is going to be new attractive AP items as well, like the new DFG for burst casters or the other support-ish items. If it's still OP and the 1st-to-rush item for all AP(and non-AP) after all the items are here, only then we can conclude that it is OP.

Mad Suppordle

11-18-2012

BFT is fine outside of how it interacts with dots. Almost all dots last 4s, refreshing BFT to a 7s burn on a single spell instead of 3s. Apparently there are some damage type taging issues with certain spells so you cant make a dot only effect, but a pretty easy fix I think would be to but an internal 4.5s cooldown on BFT before it allows you to reapply the passive. That would fix the interaction with basically every dot in the game and soften the super long dots like Mordekaiser's ult.

NavyGothic

11-18-2012

It is a little ironic that if you changed Teemo's mushroom to deal the full damage upfront... it would probably be a nerf rather than a buff.

aka I agree; the item is generally strong (perhaps too strong), but it's the interaction with DoTs which is really broken.

DiscworldDeath

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylfo5 View Post
There is going to be new attractive AP items as well, like the new DFG for burst casters or the other support-ish items. If it's still OP and the 1st-to-rush item for all AP(and non-AP) after all the items are here, only then we can conclude that it is OP.
That's a horrid balancing scheme - only balancing the single most OP thing every time.

You balance everything that's OP that you find, even if there are more OP things you leave as is for the time being due to being unsure or whatever.
Simple.

Rebonack

11-19-2012

I'll agree with the general consensus that BFT's interaction with damage over time effects is the only thing that really causes issues. Code Torch so DoT spells don't reapply the burn and its really abusive aspects will be gone.

From an AP standpoint BFT is the best thing to happen in Dominion in a long time.

DiscworldDeath

11-19-2012

Sometimes some posts on BFT make my head hurt and my inner FDru wants to come out and yell at you kids.

The people posting about how bruisers are QQing about BFT, since they're used to being OP, and now they get a taste of their own medicine, or that the only thing BFT does is let mages compete with bruisers (1v1!), etc.

The irony in those accusations of hypocrisy is so astounding, because it's the AP players who are being hypocritical.
The item is OP. If one thing is OP, making another group OP to combat it is not the solution, this just degenerates the whole game mode and makes the distance to having a balanced game longer, not shorter.

And no, mages are not intended to win 1v1 against bruisers who get onto them.

BFT is more than gold efficient as it currently stands, and the unique passive, which is hella strong? It comes for free, basically. And yet, certain AP players argue the item is just fine, and it's bruiser players who don't want their toys taken away from them who complain.

LOL

It's the AP players making those claims who are saying BFT is nothing special who don't want their toy taken away. It's funny to see people alternate from saying BFT is just balanced, to people saying BFT is strong, but that's what mages needed, and regardless, building it on basically every champion, DoT or otherwise.

BFT's overpowered. The least you can do is admit it.