Which AD carry should i go with?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wanish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

I rly can't decide between Kog'maw and Varus to carry with. Which is the stronger lategame/earlygame?

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Early game: Varus
Late game: Kog'maw

DMPuffy

11-17-2012

Early game its a toss-up, late game Kog'maw wins hands down. Varus is pretty bad.

Handsome Diusus

11-17-2012

MF hands down.

acosn

11-17-2012

ADC's are a game of picks and counter picks. Every single ADC in the game breaks down into two categories- hard built carries, and early game winners.

Varrus has to make his big plays early game- if he doesn't win his lane you're in trouble, especially if you're dealing with one of the so-called "hyper" carries like Ashe, Tristanna, or Kog'maw. In a slug out he'll only ever win if he's got a decent gear advantage.

Kog'maw is a hyper carry. His early game is built around farming, and his late game is built around kick lots of ass. Unfortunately he's also one of the most exposed characters in the game- not every team comp can accommodate Koggy.

So really, you don't want to ask which one you want, but what other carries can replace them.

Demonicous

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyForNothin View Post
Early game its a toss-up, late game Kog'maw wins hands down. Varus is pretty bad.
Yeah Varus is pretty bad.... oh besides the fact that he can burst down for % of Health... and he actually has CC that cant be avoided by just not walking on it.

Kog Maw is good... Varus is excelent just because he has more team presence with his ultimate

EDIT:

The guy above me probably put it in the best of terms.... KogMaw needs a specific type of team... much like Zilean.... Varus MAY not be as lethal 1 vs 1 as KogMaw but he has that Team oriented mentality.

IMO you should give Tristana a try... ecellent farming capability... great range that reminds me of Dwarven Sniper from DotA... escape capability... CC... and heavy burst damage

MustafaFeeds

11-18-2012

Kogmaw is far better late game, he needs people to protect him due to his inability to kite easily. If you want to carry majority of the games Ezreal/Draven/Graves would be the best.

Dpaladinx

11-18-2012

For the current metagame, if you want a quick 20-30 minute victory, the ADC Trinity (Ezreal, Corki, Graves) is the go. Mind you that their gameplay style happens to be very hard to play effectively and not recommended for beginners or those with a simplistic gameplay style.

Otherwise, I'd go with either Tristana and Kog'maw because range beats everything. An interesting case with Tristana. Her early game is okay with strong burst from her W and E and her late game is a monster, but the mid game is the weakest point because all of her skills scale in AP.

I'd recommend Tristana for beginners because: 1) her range snowballs pretty well with her level, 2) a good escape mechanism, 3) her E passive is great for farming, and 4) long range beats everything.

Rezo

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpaladinx View Post
I'd recommend Tristana for beginners because: 1) her range snowballs pretty well with her level, 2) a good escape mechanism, 3) her E passive is great for farming, and 4) long range beats everything.
I agree but only if its an in-experienced gamer that has problems with control elements like skill shots, kiting etc. If its an experienced rts gamer and just new to this game then I would probably recommend Ezreal. Tristanas laning phase is far too reliant on the support and also requires an understanding of the damages that are going to take place when she engages.