Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Ironstylus: has anyone ever rejected your concept art ideas and told you to redo em?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flytrap

11-18-2012

Quote:
ironstylus:
wow, you have a reaaaally good memory. It's in the depths of my hard drive somewhere.. But actually.. Huh, come to think of it that image may have influenced me in some regard.

i want to see!

Para

11-18-2012

For the record, I love Syndra's design.

Redeemed In Fire

11-18-2012

Maybe it's just me, but while I agree that the current Diana is really good, there's.... something in that original sketch that's not in the final work. I can't quite put my finger on it though.

The Partisan

11-18-2012

Iron Stylus, was Leona's intended position supposed to be as a support bot lane and if not, are you happy with how this turned out?

Would you consider tossing out the idea of changing her passive so she could appear in the jungle or top lane as well?

blazerboy

11-18-2012

Was Omen the latest in the process for any champ to be scrapped, or did anybody else get even closer before facing the execution block (Darius' ult)

Séjuani

11-18-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
Oh.. em.. gee..

No words. Should've sent.. a poet..

is okA mr stolos. i can write pooms too:

Rohsz are road,
volots are volot,
leena is mah fuvrut tonka truck,
and i challenge you to an aram

Super Explosion

11-18-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
In terms of Syndra, I think that's more of an opportunity thing, something again, that we've learned from. We made a cool evil floating lady with a head dress and giant black... spheres..

In Syndra's visual design, the Spheres aren't really much of a problem.

Singularities, Dark Matter, cosmic agglomerations of gravitational indication.

It's absolutely fine for her to manipulate those-- however, she doesn't really look spacey enough for it in her other areas.

The other issue with them being a more gameplay one: she largely requires them to use her abilities, rather than them being a cool bonus effect the player can inventively use. (Zed clones and the like.)

A crossover dimension that arises then is the feeling she doesn't really have the freedom of power she wants to exude.

Daemon

11-18-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
We've got you covered in short-haired females in future patches.

New Diana skin with short-hair and awesome armor YES.

This is what this statement means.

DeliriumTomorrow

11-18-2012

Quote:
ROBOT9001:
Iron Stolos i sunt you a pretty pichur on faecbook but you didnt look at it and dat makes me sad. so heers it again. its you and leena with bob ross making magic fu ntime.

That's ****in brilliant, lol

Daemon

11-18-2012

Quote:
Super Explosion:
In Syndra's visual design, the Spheres aren't really much of a problem.

Singularities, Dark Matter, cosmic agglomerations of gravitational indication.

It's absolutely fine for her to manipulate those-- however, she doesn't look spacey enough for it in her other areas.

The other issue with them being a more gameplay one: she requires them to use her abilities, rather than them being a cool bonus effect the player can inventively use. (Zed clones and the like.)

A crossover dimension that arises then is the feeling she doesn't really have the freedom of power she wants to exude.

I agree.
Okay, she's all-powerful. Except she feels weak. Even if she had awesome ratios and was the most OP champion ever, she still feels weak. When I play Diana, Ahri, Brand, Swain, etc. I feel like I am a powerful being (despite the aforementioned champions ranging from viable to unviable.)

I don't know what it is about her, but I don't feel that power she supposedly has with her character. Maybe it is because she is so reliant on her spheres that it seems like her spheres are the only things giving her power (instead of coming out of her hands or some magical weapon like the aforementioned champs.) They randomly float around her. Okay. It's not like Ahri who harnesses her sphere in her hand and manipulates it quite visually.