Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sword of the Divine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

11-18-2012

I guess the active is meant to be trade off of sustained damage for burst, but since it becomes useless on cooldown it doesn't feel very slot worthy later into the game. Actually it doesn't feel very slot effective even when off cooldown, as the only stat it gives is 40% attack speed.

So really you're just buying an item for a scaling crazy burst active, which is what DFG was.

BAM SpiceWeasel

11-18-2012

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
I guess the active is meant to be trade off of sustained damage for burst, but since it becomes useless on cooldown it doesn't feel very slot worthy later into the game. Actually it doesn't feel very slot effective even when off cooldown, as the only stat it gives is 40% attack speed.

So really you're just buying an item for a scaling crazy burst active, which is what DFG was.

Have you actually used it on a bruiser like Xin?

NotBuzzJack

11-18-2012

Quote:
BAM SpiceWeasel:
Have you actually used it on a bruiser like Xin?

I've used it on Nocturne. It's good as a finisher, but it lacks oomph. I guess that's why I don't see it as worth the slot, it's lacks sound to really make it feel powerful, so I just find it boring.

BAM SpiceWeasel

11-18-2012

Try playing it on a bruiser like Trynd or Fiora or Xin or Yi.

SheepKing

11-18-2012

i does reduce your damage input when you use the sword, but it turns your auto attack into a burst.

seems balanced on paper, lets see in game btw

ploki122

11-18-2012

Honeslty, I see this as only viable on melee carries... Bruisers/fighters need sustained damage and losing the item slot for 25s is really damageable; in the same way ranged carries love to have constant sustained damage. Whereas melee carries need to dish out a terrific amount of damage in a short time and either commit balls deep or run away (and they have a kit to do exactly that). So I can only see this being really useful on assassins and burst-oriented melee carries (which pretty much comes down to the same).

For now it is also viable on the others, but simply because the numbers are too high... I would put more stats on SotD and increase the price, that would mean that having it on cd would actually be meaningful (40% AS is lame to lose, but nothing that really bothers you that much, the slot loss is nearly as bad).

burst-oriented champs that can rely on this :
- Vayne
- Shaco
- Xin Xhao
- Master Yi
- Talon
- Renekton
- Pantheon

Basically, this is the ADC's DFG... but S2's DFG...