Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sword of the Divine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tony Mõntana

11-18-2012

I will say I'm going to miss the item if they won't put it into live, it is one of my favorite new item out of all

perhaps if they made it so it won't work with skills it will prevent some of the problems

Dannyboy64

11-18-2012

Sword of the Divine continuing its broken-ness, not surprised :P

BAM SpiceWeasel

11-18-2012

Quote:
xFr0sty:
I will say I'm going to miss the item if they won't put it into live, it is one of my favorite new item out of all

perhaps if they made it so it won't work with skills it will prevent some of the problems

This idea has potential but I think that you'll find that it will be rather a weak item then but that's just a guess.

NotBuzzJack

11-18-2012

The idea of a 3 hit bambambam item is cool, but the way SOTD does it just isn't going to work.

civ

11-18-2012

It’s too good to be in the game. The first thing I thought of was building it on xin zhao and it turned out to be even stronger than I had originally thought. It makes any champion broken. I’ve seen it built on a zed and see him dominate with it because of his ult.

It gives way too much power because it is really all you need to be a threat. I was owning a xin zhao (up on lvls and ~40 cs) in lane, but as soon he picked up sotd I couldn’t do anything against him. It’s not a good feeling knowing that you have to preemptively build massive armor knowing that you’ll need it because of one relatively cheap item.

It is by far the most OP active in game and that isn’t even factoring in that it can reset on kill or assist.

ReluctantFantasy

11-18-2012

Its a noob trap because once you get CC'd or they run away it feels extremely useless thats why the attack speed passive was added. For the amount of gold it takes I used to think it was extremely overpowered but then I rushed it they ran I got owned

BAM SpiceWeasel

11-18-2012

Quote:
ReluctantFantasy:
Its a noob trap because once you get CC'd or they run away it feels extremely useless thats why the attack speed passive was added. For the amount of gold it takes I used to think it was extremely overpowered but then I rushed it they ran I got owned

Solution: Play Xin or build a Mallet or Frozen Fist.

This even works with Phage, just auto them occasionally (as you normally do in lane) if you see your phage proc press 1 for a free kill or flash.

Mathemagically

11-18-2012

A really good items on melee autoattackers but it can be ruthlessly abused by ADCs, who are not supposed to get this much early game power from SoTD anyways. Tune down the Crit chance or change it into a Crit chance multiplier for 3 attacks and make it melee only.

Last Fantasy

11-18-2012

Really would like to see it removed or severely nerfed

RexSaur

11-18-2012

Pretty much.

I can see what riot was trying to with item, probably give some burst to melee AD carries, but the thing is just abused on bruisers and ranged ad carries.

This thing on lane is simply beyond broken.