A guy claims he has "ban immunity" because he never accepted the Summoner's Code

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ep1cLeprechaun

11-17-2012

RIOT legally owns every League account created, and can do whatever they want with them. They could literally ban every player in the world and get away with it, legally speaking.

Arcane Azmadi

11-17-2012

The guy's a moron.

You don't have to accept the Summoner's Code to play, but that doesn't matter. You DO have to accept the EULA, which includes agreeing that Riot can ban your account at any time for any reason they like.

Deljase

11-17-2012

Hello lolking history.

Level1Pentakill

11-17-2012

I repent, it strikes where it doth love.

Level1Pentakill

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Spice View Post
Is this true? Or is it all just a bunch of bull****?
I wish to send a personal report because this guy was just the most incessantly annoying and toxic players I've ever seen.
They would ***** about how their AD fed first blood, then spend the rest of the game TYPING and zoning themselves, then complaining even more about how they lost the lane.
I wanted to rip my eyes out.

I have their username saved in a special place in my heart. I await the day that they come to the forums *****ing about how Riot illegally banned them or something.
Then I will present a replay of said game.
"Literally they cannot ban me".

In other news, did that sona have gp10 runes and masteries cause i didn't think it was possible to be so poor. I mean you gen even when you're dead so those 5 deaths shouldn't have nerfed her income at all.

MadSeer

11-17-2012

If you don't accept the agreement after a patch you can't play as far as I know. So, yeah, he can get banned. And even if, hypothetically, he didn't accept the Summoner's Code, that actually means Riot could ban him without warning and for no particular reason.

Level1Pentakill

11-17-2012

Oh man that convo:

"Don't try to fight it"

"You will be banned"
"And you will like it".

but i cant be banned...

"YOU WILL BE BANNED"
"AND YOU WILL LIKE IT".

Ban Sona for "sh*t for brains comment" and yourself for "Sweetie" (Dat Sexual harassment).

Clous

11-18-2012

Playing nasus in solo que. Shame on you.

But yeah he can still get banned. If that wasn't obvious

Męw

11-18-2012

Wow, I hate people like that. Hearing "sweetie" from people just makes me want to punch them in the face. What an @$$.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Seeing as how you have to accept an EULA and ToU each and every patch, yes he did agree to it. The Summoner's Code is part of those two documents.

Also, Riot can legally ban anyone for whatever the hell they feel like, with no explanation or reason.