What Summoner(s) spell(s) would you like? (multiple choice available)

A summoner spell inspired from idea 1 20 20.62%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 2 16 16.49%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 3 30 30.93%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 4 17 17.53%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 5 18 18.56%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 6 19 19.59%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 7 20 20.62%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 8 33 34.02%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 9 18 18.56%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 10 21 21.65%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 11 23 23.71%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 12 14 14.43%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 13 13 13.40%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 14 19 19.59%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 15 19 19.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

[Summoners Spells] What if?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yordle Swordler

11-28-2012

(\(\
(-.-) < ZzzzzZZzzzZ
.(_)
:BoOOO
(\(\
(o0) <Wth is wrong with you
.(_)
:That topic never sleeps
(\(\
(^.^) <oh ok!
.(_)

razormadness

12-11-2012

I read up until 6 and thought, These are ALL stupidly abusive summoner spells that will NEVER come into consideration, BUT the one i'd choose would be 7. Great modern warfare style ganking

Yordle Swordler

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by razormadness View Post
I read up until 6 and thought, These are ALL stupidly abusive summoner spells that will NEVER come into consideration, BUT the one i'd choose would be 7. Great modern warfare style ganking
Yap 7 is one of my favourite too and the 8 came a bit from it so i like both of them exept I think 7 can be usefull in more situations.

"Stupidly abusive", all depend on balance if the 1 cant outpass terrain for example and if it's range is little then it's not abusive it's only about adding such a mecanic that we discuss and ofc you are free not to like the mecanics otherwise I wouldn't have made a Poll.

(\(\
(~.^)
.(_)

Raptamei

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ltron View Post
Many of these abilities that were present in DotA and not seen in League were left out because they are considered anti-fun mechanics. For the most part debuffs in general are unclear. Other than a few limited status effects such as stun, fear, and silence, there are only a very few actual debuffs in the game.
Just because Riot considers us retarded does not mean we are retarded.

Yordle Swordler

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Just because Riot considers us retarded does not mean we are retarded.
lmao

Silmaril

12-14-2012

I don't really like most of these, a lot of them seem like they could hurt the game easily.

1 & 2 have way too much trolling potential. Need to make a quick getaway? Just lolstun/push your own jungler and watch the enemy team dogpile him while you run off. We have too much mobility as it is, and flash is already in the game, with #1, we'd probably see every AD Carry run Force Staff + Flash and be literally un-catchable.

3 I plain don't like. There's already a ridiculous amount of CC in the game, we don't need to add more. I could get behind it if, instead, it disabled summoner spells ONLY for like 5 seconds or something.

4 I don't really see how it could work. I like the core idea, but it's impossible to balance it against flash, it's worse in pretty much every conceivable situation.

5 I don't think this one is a good idea. Who is it targeted for? Tanks sure as hell aren't going to take it, they want to take all the damage, not give it to their carries. The carries aren't going to run it, when they could run cleanse or flash and have a good deaggro, rather than relying on a tether to their tank to soak up incoming damage. I don't think anyone would take it.

6 Not necessary. We already have ignite, this thing would have to be stupidly OP to consider taking over ignite, and ignite's already on the strong side.

7 is interesting, but its usage is kind of specific. It would be nice for ganking, but again, who would take it? Is the jungler going to give up Smite/Flash? No chance in hell. Is the AD carry going to give up Ignite/Cleanse/Flash? Probably not. There's no point to getting it on a support, they don't have enough threat to really use it well. If you're going to use it to cancel burst, might as well take barrier instead.

8 is a bad idea. It's ideal-use scenario involves waiting an unspecified amount of time doing nothing for somebody to come attack you, and hoping they're alone, because a preemptive strike at blue doesn't mean anything if their mid laner came to help (which is almost always).

9 I like, but it would have to be really small, small enough to not be able to block jungle paths, just to disrupt/direct pathing, with a small slow tacked on. I like the idea of the line-of-sight blocking, it could be a cool support spell if implemented well.

10 I don't like. It's another case of "Who would use this?". Using a pet for small bonuses like you suggest is not in any world a viable alternative to the summoners we already have, and having a battle pet is worthless. See: Heimer. I don't see any good sides to this one, unless the animal is really cute, in which case at least it's nice to look at.

11 I like. Vision denial is a cool mechanic, as long as it isn't a blind (like Nocturne/Graves). Something you can't see into, but you can see out of. It's implementation would have to be pretty wonky to make it not frustrating, but it could be another cool support spell.

12 is Teemo's passive. That should say it all, it's pretty much bad, worse than Clarity even.

13. No. The only way it could work as an active spell would necessitate that it works almost identical to barrier (basically a free 700 HP when you pop it). We don't need duplicate summoner spells.

14. I forgot to vote for this one, but after thinking a bit, I actually kind of like it. It'd be a great summoner spell for a dedicated tank, but I'm not sure how the numbers should scale. If it does too much damage, it would be like Ignite 2.0, because it would be hitting multiple people, but if its damage is too low, it's no good in duels. I think it could work, though, if the right effort went into it.

15. lolno. That ability is one of the most frustrating abilities in DotA, and is obscenely powerful and annoying. It's basically a targeted Blitz pull, except you can't run out of range.

The only ones I think could be safely implemented are 9,11 and 14, maybe 3. The rest are all either terrible, ridiculous or superfluous.

Yordle Swordler

12-25-2012

(\(\
(^.^) <Did you know rabbits dont talk?
.(_)

(\_/)
(~)
.(_)

(\(\
(^ г) Ha ha ha!
.(_)

(\(\
(~.^) < S3 really deserve better summoners spells!
.(_)

Tactorin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

I love 3. I would love it even more if it were a single target summoner spell silence that lasted a bit of time (3 to 6 seconds). This would stop the get out of fail flashes, and could be used to prevent wall flashing if it's up. Maybe the cooldown would have to be long though.

8 just sounds fun.

None of the ones that you can use on an ally to negatively affect their health or their positioning would ever be put in game because of trolling and stupid allies.

Yordle Swordler

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactorin View Post
I love 3. I would love it even more if it were a single target summoner spell silence that lasted a bit of time (3 to 6 seconds). This would stop the get out of fail flashes, and could be used to prevent wall flashing if it's up. Maybe the cooldown would have to be long though.

8 just sounds fun.

None of the ones that you can use on an ally to negatively affect their health or their positioning would ever be put in game because of trolling and stupid allies.
Well all of these are just mechanics ideas for riot to see what they do with it they will know what to do

Yordle Swordler

12-30-2012

It's time for a fresh Bump :3