Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What Summoner(s) spell(s) would you like? (multiple choice available)

A summoner spell inspired from idea 1 20 20.62%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 2 16 16.49%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 3 30 30.93%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 4 17 17.53%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 5 18 18.56%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 6 19 19.59%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 7 20 20.62%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 8 33 34.02%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 9 18 18.56%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 10 21 21.65%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 11 23 23.71%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 12 14 14.43%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 13 13 13.4%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 14 19 19.59%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 15 19 19.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 97 .

[Summoners Spells] What if?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hi im shaniqua

Recruiter

11-26-2012

A summoner spell that transforms you into a caster or melee minion temporarily. It would be fun, but also practical. Can avoid ganks by camouflage. I like it. I approve. Upvote me.

Teraxe

11-26-2012

More summoner spells would be good, flash seems OP due to lack of other options.

Yordle Swordler

11-26-2012

Quote:
Dat Asian Gurl:

18. Instant True Damage summoner spell.
I was thinking a flat damage summoner would be nice for another option from Ignite. It's a more immediate version of Ignite, but does a teeny bit less damage due to it being instant damage rather that DoT.

A smite for champions ?!? Omg you guys are crazy!
But ok I can add it
But if damages are lower than smite then why would you pick that instant thing loosing the healing reduction in the process? I wonder :S

Angam

Recruiter

11-26-2012

I kind of wish your poll had a "none of the above" option. Most of the ideas were either far more complicated than they need to be (think how simple all of the current summoners are), overpowered, a key part of a champion (and thus making it a summoner spell would severely undercut that champ), already on an item, or just begging to be used by trolls to screw with their teammates.

Yordle Swordler

11-26-2012

Well I am sorry none of the suggestions suited your needs maybe you had something better to offer?
Some ideas are simple enough I think
It seems you are not an overpositive person

Yordle Swordler

11-28-2012

We need FeralPony and Roku to see that thread

Yordle Swordler

11-28-2012

Great 50 votes cap reached now lets do 100

this is awesome guys lets keep that topic on the top

Yordle Swordler

11-28-2012

(\(\
(^.^) < You know what?
.(_)

(\(\
(^.^) < Rabbit meat is tasty!
.(_)

(\(\
(°.°) ...
.(_)

Racalas

11-28-2012

Honestly? I did not like any of those ideas. Most of them are just some copy of a champ's ultimate, which are suposed to be unique. So, no. Just no.
If you would add a ton of extra outside game interference (we already have enough on runes & masteries), and we got plenty of summoner spells. Anything else I believe that would be a bad idea.

Yordle Swordler

11-28-2012

Quote:
Racalas:
Most of them are just some copy of a champ's ultimate, which are suposed to be unique.

Ideas 1,5,6,7,8,9,10,15,16, have absolutely no in game mechanics that does the same things.
+
Some allready existing summoners spells use exactly the same mechanics of other abilities from champions and items such as flash => ezreal, smite => lantern ghost =>Yi exhaust => Zilean etc... That doesn't seems to be a problem for me.

Quote:
If you would add a ton of extra outside game interference (we already have enough on runes & masteries), and we got plenty of summoner spells. Anything else I believe that would be a bad idea.

The idea is to replace some non reliable spells like revive by spells that have a more accurate mechanic. We are not talking about adopting all of the mechanics we discuss here, that would be a mess