What Summoner(s) spell(s) would you like? (multiple choice available)

A summoner spell inspired from idea 1 20 20.62%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 2 16 16.49%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 3 30 30.93%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 4 17 17.53%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 5 18 18.56%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 6 19 19.59%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 7 20 20.62%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 8 33 34.02%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 9 18 18.56%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 10 21 21.65%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 11 23 23.71%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 12 14 14.43%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 13 13 13.40%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 14 19 19.59%
A summoner spell inspired from idea 15 19 19.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

[Summoners Spells] What if?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yordle Swordler

11-26-2012

If you have your own better ideas feel free to give them arround I can add them to the list but unfortunately the poll is full now so pple will have to manually say +1 to up vote them, and I will update

Kamai

11-26-2012

A stasis-like ability (like Hourglass). It was one of the first things that caught my eye in the active item abilities of Smite (buyable summoner spells), and it seems to me you can do a lot of cool things with it without feeling as cheesy as flash to either side.

Edit: Shouldn't have posted my own suggestion without reading through the others, my bad.

Edit 2: How about a summoner spell that makes an enemy more vulnerable to other sources of CC (effectively a Tenacity penalty).

Yordle Swordler

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamai View Post
A stasis-like ability (like Hourglass)
Like Zhonya? 2d idea?

"Buyable summoners" sounds like a way to balance the whole thing but that is an entirely different way of dealing with the problem.
You would be right doing an other topic for that! (I think this is also an interesting idea).

Yordle Swordler

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamai View Post
Edit 2: How about a summoner spell that makes an enemy more vulnerable to other sources of CC (effectively a Tenacity penalty).
A summoner spell that would reset all the bonus tenacity applied to the target to 0 for a duration?
Why not, but maybe that would be usefull in too little situations? Would'nt that be too occasional?
Or did you meant to increase the duration of disables? Imagine a veigar with a 7 seconds stun that would be insane XD

I can add that below anyway =)

Deathsin7

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didoodeladi View Post
What if we could give some ideas to Riot about summoners spells
Taken from EU.
Summoners spell are this particularity of League of legend that prevent the mess we can see in most other mobas where the CC could be aquired with many items so that in the end it lacked lisibility and/or balance. Limitating the players to have only 2 of these additionnal CC for their champion is interesting in theory because players would thus have to make a choice. The problem is that for now the choice is narrowed as summoners spells like flash ignite and exhaust seem to be the only ones reliables.
This thread is therefore made for us (The players) to give some ideas to our beloved Riots developpers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few ideas numbered as follow:

1: A summoner spell that would allow when casted on a champion or self casted (double click) to push the target on the direction he is facing. (like the force staff in Dota) OP as hell, and we have enough displacement as it is

2: A summoner spell that would make the targeted champion untargetable for a few seconds and unable to cast spells. (like the tornado in dota or the Zhonya but that could be casted on other champions) this is good, but it should only last 2 sec max (i'll say 1 sec would be best), dota's eul duration is way too op for lol

3: A summoner spell that would silence enemies around you for a short duration or prevent them from using any summoner spell. this is good

4: A summoner spell that would allow you to swap your places with an other unit or champion (with short range). this is good, but make sure the range is less than flash. oh and make it champion only.

5: A summoner spell that would link all nearby ally champions life with yours so that the damage taken by each one of them is temporally divided upon the linked champions. would work better as an champion/item ability instead of summoner spell

6: A summoner spell that would set up a mark of death on an enemy damaging him when he moves. (like 10hp for each 100 range travelled) too similiar to ignite

7: A summoner spell that would morph you (if double clicked) or the targeted enemy champion into a Minion (ranged if the target is ranged) controlled by the owner of the target for a short duration, if the minion dies the champion returns.
The trick could then be used to gank for example self using the spell when out of sight coming in sight with a minion wave and revealing yourself on the right moment.
Or as a way to evade a hudge burst transforming oneself into a minions so that the minion take all the damages instead. too complicated

8: A disguise summoner spell that turns you into the neutral creep, minion or allied champ you target until you attack or get attacked.
Imagine standing guard at the enemy blue buff as a small golem. (from Sinulca EU) seems good

9: A summoner spell that would make a tree or a destructible asset rise in a targeted area as a brain tool that would path block a small part of terrain and cast shadow. ok..

10: A summoner spell that would summon a very cute pet that would follow your champion. The pet may change every 6 level each form giving specific advantages. (for example level 1 to 6 the pet gives 2% bonus experience or 1 bonus gold / kills or low mana regen, level 6 to 12 the pet grants the champion 1% to stats etc... (bonuses would be differents wether the pet is killable or not)) too complicated and doesn't fit LoL, just no

11: A summoner spell that removes sight over an area (from deri1 EU). (by creating a brush for example (from sendo no mai EU)) needs more explanation, how is sight 'removed'?

12: A stand still invisibility spell that allow you to make you champion invisible but invisibility would fade and go on CD when the champion moves attack or cast a spell.seems good

13: Guardian angel summoner spell (from Dune1008 NA) (and maybe remove the item version in that case) so the same thing as revive?

14: A summoner spell that allow your champion to reflect damages for a duration (from GuardiansAngel NA) doesn't really fit LoL, and may be better as champ ability/item active

15: A summoner spell that saves the location of the targeted champion and will teleport him back to that location after a few seconds seems cool!

Thanks for replying

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 votes cap reached now lets do better

MORE votes MORE thumbs up MORE bumps MORE yordles!
some nice ideas. riot pls

Yordle Swordler

11-26-2012

Quote:
13: so the same thing as revive?
Basicly it would prevent you from dying and not make you respawn faster.

Quote:
1:OP as hell, and we have enough displacement as it is
Well force staff was my favourite feature in first dota so my point of view may differ from yours on that particular question, but that's why there is a poll and apparently pple think the same as you and I must respect that

BTW these ideas are voluntary elusive so that they only give incentives to seek in these directions for Riots.

For example we can imagine the 1rst idea would have a hudge CD or would only be castable on enemies or on allies, we can imagine the spell would not make the target go over walls etc... These mechanics allow multiple things to be done but only the mechanics are discussed here .

Yordle Swordler

11-26-2012

Added new ideas from you guys just say "number of idea : +1" if you want to vote for these ones and I will manually update (you may vote once for each idea I wont count multiple votes ofc)

Yordle Swordler

11-26-2012

And one last Bump from me for tooday! Just to say this thread is not dead yet

Yordle Swordler

11-26-2012

I wonder if a red will ever read this

Dat Asian Gurl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

I like a lot of the ideas, OP.

I also have one of my own:

18. Instant True Damage summoner spell.

I was thinking a flat damage summoner would be nice for another option from Ignite. It's a more immediate version of Ignite, but does a teeny bit less damage due to it being instant damage rather that DoT.