Boycotting Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am Armageddon

11-17-2012

Well I haven't played League of Legends in a couple of weeks. I played 80% of my matches on Twisted Treeline and now that it's gone I don't really have an interest to play. According to riot:

"As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental."

At the very least I prefer the old Twisted Treeline to the new one. But as we aren't getting it at all I no longer have any interest to play this game. I have a life, and when I want to play games I'll play the games that I actually enjoy (ie. not League of Legends without the original Twisted Treeline).

Well riot, I'm out. And those that sign this are saying they're out too. No more playing. No more cash for you. No more telling our friends about playing it (in fact the opposite). Good luck, I'll check back every couple of months to see if things have changed.

Lord Silverkey

11-17-2012

Signed. Goodbye Riot. Goodbye League of Legends.

samlovemetal

11-17-2012

see you tomorrow, drama queen. I preferred the old one as well, its not gonna happen. they literally said "no".