Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr's potential

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexstrus

10-07-2010

I remember the first time I played this game, like 6 monthes ago or so. I played against a udyr that was literally unstoppable. 4-5 hit kills and you could do like no damage to him.

I have played Udyr often since then but I can't get a right build going for him. Lots of people suggest going attack speed, others say build more tanky. In the end I can never do enough damage to really take off as a scary champ to run into the forest.

So I was wondering how you guys build udyr from start to finish. Items with him seem to be as critical as which abilities you decide to pick and in which order. He is actually quite complicated and you can easily mess him up unlike other champs who can recover by buying direct damage items.

Ezeqiel

10-07-2010

I build him tank + madreds, first I go for randuins, some sunfires maybe, depends on opposite team

RaspyTurnover

10-07-2010

I build him Madreds,Ghostblade,Trinity,Some Tank items.

Mostly for constant 600+MS without ghost and a super high attack speed.

I build with Tiger stance so with 200 AD it does a 600dmg magic nuke over 2 seconds.

ScarletAzure

10-07-2010

Jungle, gank at lvl 4 or 5, carry ghost, build pure tank (sunfire banshees ga randuins boots and 6th being situational)

own.

Lexstrus

10-07-2010

Randuins sounds like a good item for him but its a little pricey and can leave you without some damage for a while if you haven't grabbed a bloodrazor yet. The armor is good but udyr is a melee champ, with this build you would be devistated by ap champs. Melees haven't always been an issue (except trynds crits) its the ranged champs that give problems to an udyr.

Faro

Recruiter

10-07-2010

Madred's is entirely unnecessary on Udyr and building it is a waste of time and gold.

Sfyri Ithikos

10-07-2010

Personally i jungle, i think it's the best way to play Udyr.

Start off with a cloth armor then build it into Madred's Razor. After that you should start working towards the Bloodrazor. Once you have that your team can pretty much grab baron (however you'll all need to commit to it to do so).

After that i build a boot (either Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads) then some sort of armor item, then go Banshee's for the added support.

After that do whatever. i like to stack attack damage and just let tiger tear them up.

PetalDance

10-07-2010

I wish people would stop building bloodrazor on udyr, it's a terrible gold sink. If you are having troubles jungling without razor, get lantern at most, ward up even more. I generally go --->Catalyst->mercs-->randuins--->Banshees-->Sunfires. I have no need for razor, even when jungling.

Ballcoozy

10-07-2010

So pick Udyr. Jungle.

Go tank/utility. I am rolling 1/16/13 and have done really well since switching from 21 in defense.

Runes
Ar pen/ dodge/ mana regen

Skill order
R-W-R-E- Then gank after you grab red buff.

Then focus phoenix - turtle to lvl 3- and grab at least one rank in tiger. Then assess what you need. Tiger can really put some hurt on the squishies.

I usually finish
5 phoenix - 4 turtle - 4 bear- 5 tiger

First item is a heart of gold which will get build into a Randuin's.

Assess the team and pick which boots you need. Then focus on defense. Finish Randuin's or start building Banshees or FoN.

You really have to tailor your item build to what your team needs. If i am doing well I love to grab a brutalizer for cheap armor pen and cooldowns. It also adds some punch to your tiger dot.

When you are playing use bear stance to keep the focus off your teammates. And then get in their squishies faces. You will be able to do some damage to them.

Also potions, wards, and elixirs.

Liteblade

10-07-2010

I like going hybrid Udyr as he is a jungle ganker off tank.

madreds>berserker greaves>trinity>aegis>sunfire/ga

Udyr is the most versatile champion in my opinion. You can never go wrong with a build with him. Although dont abuse it haha