Basic Guide to Janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wortel

12-02-2009

I go Doran's, Merc Treads and Rod of Ages at the start like you do. I tried Nashor's but I didn't like it. The reason is that the attack speed at this point is pointless. You are way better off casting Eye on your DPS carry. In fights I always reposition myself constantly, i.e. after every hit. Hence attack speed is useless.

If noone else gets Aegis, I like going for Aegis much better, it just adds so much to the fight. Now that it was nerfed a lot (deserved in my opinion), I think Soul Shroud into Frozen Heart is the way to go, easy max CD reduction while making you very tanky as well. Soul Shroud is a great team item as well.

banduan

12-02-2009

The point about Nashors is that it is one of the only few items that give CD (A high priority stat for me) but also stuff that are useful to you in a fight. It is also cheap and simple to build, and each individual component of it is useful. The CD reduction bonus is also huge. Soul Shroud is its only real competitor on this front. In the late game you're desperately trying to input some damage since even with max CD reduction your spells will be perpetually on CD.

That said, there's plenty of leeway in the build and it's good to be dynamic. I don't like getting Aegis if my CD hasn't either been capped or slightly short of being capped. Also, standing in the middle of fights is usually a bad idea for you, and fights aren't always 5 man ganks so Aegis damage input is typically minimal and not the theoretical 5x8 damage. I won't say Aegis is a bad item to have on Janna though.

banduan

12-06-2009

This guide is due an update due to the introduction of Deathfire Grasp.

Will post the update and a simple guide for masteries soon.

banduan

12-06-2009

New items introduced, Runes + Masteries now included. This guide is complete. <3

Jazriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-06-2009

This "guide" is garbage. I'm not even going to bother reading your item and gameplay suggestions after reading your pathetic ideas for a skill build and summoner spell line-up.

banduan

12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazriel View Post
This "guide" is garbage. I'm not even going to bother reading your item and gameplay suggestions after reading your pathetic ideas for a skill build and summoner spell line-up.
Thank you for your thoughtful and constructive comments.

banduan

12-18-2009

Guide to be updated - Since Janna got some decent buffs in the recent patch, this guide is now outdated. Will update after about 2-3 weeks playtesting. Gale now no longer has the crazy mana costs and can become a factor in the build sooner. Overall CD has also improved for a few spells. This changes a lot of the dynamics of her item build.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2010

bad late game? wtf? if a champ is bad late game, doesnt that make it pretty much useless?

banduan

01-31-2010

thanks for reminding me to update my guide, LOL
anyway, yes and no.

For one thing, Janna's been buffed recently and has an even better early game now, but nothing has been done to buff her late game.

However, LOL snowballs a bit (not quite like DotA) and that early game advantage can make all the difference. She is not useless late game though.

banduan

02-01-2010

bump

Guide revamped as of today