Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spanish Speakers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fratstar

02-06-2013

I carried 4 of them to a win going 26-6-12 as nid and all they did was flame and rage at me the whole game in spanish... i hated it

Snepif

02-06-2013

I want a latin american server just for the ping LOL (if i can transfer my NA account, that is)

xMorriganx

02-19-2013

I hate when people talk about latinos like morons or retarded, some of us... MUST of us can speak/write english pretty fluent, and we are not complaining about the gringos trolling or the douchbags who can't play as a team cus they think they are like a god of gaming or something, the main issue is that Latinos have two problems.
1. lack of english skills/communication problems
2. don't read as much as needed to get better in this game
so a spanish speaking server who actually is in America would help a lot to solve communication problems.
almos always i help people who can't speak english and those who doesnt understand spanish to get the team ready or st....
we need a Latino server, in most games is needed not LoL only

iAeLr47

02-19-2013

This is racist, I guess... I´m latin

Vincent Vanblade

02-20-2013

Look, it's a North American Server, and what is the dominant language of North America..? English? Thank you. I live in Texas. You can't even get a job at Mcdonalds any more if you're not bilingual. I shouldn't have to have a translator every time someone starts speaking Spanish. Give them their own server, and let them play with each other. If i went to a French Server, and didn't speak French, how fair would that be? Does that make ANY sense? I'm going to side with Marilyn Manson on this one, "Were from America, Were from America, we speak American."

PhoenixCaptain

02-20-2013

Ikr? Really just need to boot all of the mexicans and south americans off the NA server and into their own server where diamond and challenger does not exist because there is no possible way in hell that they can make it there.

Alaerga

02-20-2013

I only see stupid comments from stupid racists. What I see is you getting teamed up with usual Trolls, just they speak spanish, same product, different flavor (concerning the difference between engish speaking trolls and spanish speaking trolls).

There are plenty of good Mexican and Sout American players. I'm Mexican myself and usually play with a group of another 2-3 guys from Mexico and Chile, we are not the best (at least I'm not that good, I'm kinda new and they've been lvl 30 for a while), but we know how to play as a team, the only difference is that you might not notice that much that we are Mexican because we only speak spanish to joke with eachother, the calls in game we type them in english.

Alaerga

02-20-2013

Quote:
If i went to a French Server, and didn't speak French, how fair would that be? Does that make ANY sense? I'm going to side with Marilyn Manson on this one, "Were from America, Were from America, we speak American."

The french would probably just tell you the stuff needed in english.

You are from America as much as Mexicans (like myself) and any other south AMERICAN is.

You do not speak "american" your language is called english.

Nil Void

02-20-2013

I cant believe you kids take this game so seriously

Elsabet

02-20-2013

Quote:
HEavenwaLL:

1. They speak spanish they can't communicate with us.
2. They have horrible idea of team comp. A lot of them rage and blame other people for their troubles...
I was the last person to blame. I'm not saying english speaking people don't do this but they do it a lot less. They can be just as bad in terms of skill but they don't blame other people for it.
Maybe I may come out as a racist but i'm sure many of you feel the same. I don't hate spanish speaking people. I'm fine with people who are spanish speaking and they actually know what they're doing in league. However you don't find many of those.

Translation
1) Communication is limited to typed words. The pinging function has been removed from League and terms that are universally used in English are never understood, such as character names, item names, lane names, objective names, "gank." Also English speakers always communicate, especially by typing, especially intelligibly.
2) Spanish speakers are lacking in understanding of one of the most basic concepts in the game- team composition; they must simply have no ability to reason or coordinate. This is evidenced by all of the data I've attached to my post. Also, a lot of them are members of the LoL community and consequently engage in raging and blaming behavior.
I'm perfect, just like every other bad [English-speaking] LoL player. Statistically speaking, English speakers blame their teammates much less frequently on average than do Spanish speaking players (See attachment). Don't get me wrong, some English speakers are even as bad as Spanish speakers- sounds crazy, I know- but blaming is just not something we English speakers do. (I mean it's uncivilized, barbaric. It'd be like calling out an entire group of people on a forum for something for which they are no more to blame than I am, and providing no evidence to support a completely unbelievable complaint! ... Well, it's not quite that bad I guess...)
Look, maybe I seem like I'm generalizing in a way that could be conceived as "racist," but I'm sure many of you are racists, and even more of you participate in useless, detrimental stereotyping behavior. So that makes it okay, right? Anyway, I don't hate Spanish speaking people; I'm just painfully ignorant. I am willing to tolerate Spanish speaking players on my server, but only if they carry me or otherwise prove that they are at least as good as I am (i.e. amazing). Unfortunately, you'll almost never meet a Spanish speaking player who is as good as me, or even decent. Hence, they need their own server so they can stop making me lose.

Thanks for hearing me out. After all, it is much easier to rant and complain and act helpless, than it is to- say, learn even a few words in Spanish to help me deal with these situations that I so often run into. It's not like there are two million free translation services on.. what's that thing called.. the internet?

End Translation.

Begin Translation:

"Ayudame / Ayuda / Ayudar" = "Help me / Help. / to help"
Any of these, or any butchering of these should work.

"Protejame / Proteja Caitlyn" = "Protect me / Protect Caitlyn."

"Enfoca Vayne" = "Focus Vayne"
Is this really that difficult?

"Blitz es en la maleza" = "Blitzcrank is in the brush."
Ping the brush you are referring to, if necessary.

"Torre" = "Tower"
Try this in conjunction with pinging the tower you want prioritized/sieged/defended.

"Rojo / Azul" = "Red / Blue"
For buffs. "Quiero ___" means "I want ___".

"Por favor" = "Please"
I know.. seems foreign. But try this with anything of the above, or anything else to automatically increase team cohesion.

"Gracias" = "Thank you"
If you really want to impress!

Man, just imagine how much these 10 or so terms, some of which are cognates or practically universally known, could improve your play experience!

Hint: Write out this short list and keep it on a post-it note next to your monitor.