Spanish Speakers

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

11-20-2012

It seems the only logical solution to this problem is you learn Spanish. And Chinese. And Japanese. And Portuguese. But hey in all seriousness, I'm as white as they come (Irish and Dutch with a splash of Native American), but the correct vernacular is Latino or Latin. I moved to Miami about 3 years ago and I used to call all people of Latin decent "Spanish,"but that's not the correct vernacular, and in fact to some people of Latin descent it is downright offensive. Just letting you know you sound ignorant when you are referring to Latin people as "Spanish people."They are Spanish if they are from Spain.

SomeCallMeEd

11-20-2012

Yeah I've been noticing this kinda stuff happening more and more.

Nothing against Latino, Brazilian, Chinese, or non-english speakers as a whole.

But I notice that even during a premade where I knew I was the only one of the 3 guys who knew ANY sort of spanish, took time to double check my translation, and told the random 5th guy we needed politely "Sorry, we don't know how to speak Spanish, please just use pings to communicate if you need us."

Sure enough on he goes what I assume was ranting in Spanish, voiding any form of communication. I think they troll because they KNOW we can't understand them well, and, of course, are gonna be a jerk about it. We found out at the end of the match he actually commented to the other team that "we are such a terrible team lol" confirming he actually COULD speak english, but simply wanted to troll.

I doubt every non-english speaker does this, but I gotta say, I bet it is tempting to troll like that if you speak another language Fluently.

ShinyPockets

11-20-2012

Can't tell if racist or genuine problem,

Yourcatmolested

11-20-2012

Spanish speaking players are just as toxic as AFK'ers in my book. Most of them make no attempt to communicate whatsoever, or listen to what you have to say or follow pings and they go off doing their own things. And from my experience (not saying every non-English speaker on NA servers is bad) they generally have no clue what they're doing, feed, then insult the rest of the team in broken English.

Simply put, non-English speakers have no business on NA servers.

HiveCommander

11-20-2012

It's incredibly frustrating. Every single time I have spanish/portugese speakers on my team, they confirm that they can speak english, but continue talking in their own language among themselves. A great deal of the time, they are insulting our team members (words like estupido are kinda obvious).

I've always been of this belief; if you want to insult someone, stop being a chicken**** and insult them in a language they can understand. Hiding behind a language barrier to trash-talk people is sad and pathetic.

/rant

Atzigan

11-20-2012

I speak both languages, and I think there's no point in doing so. You can just ping, call them by their champion name and say top, mid, bot, or gank if the spanish speaking person is jungling. Chat system is not to socialize and tell them how good or terribad they are doing. If you want to be the team leader just ping, get your blue red dragon and baron timing in the chat system and assist them as much as possible. Your suggestions and solution brought to solve the issue are toxic, it's not them not being able to communicate with you that make you lose. It's your play style. There's many players the way you describe them in any country even in the US. Not because they don't communicate and speak broken english they're from Latin America.

Ripp the Jacker

11-20-2012

Just a side note, most of the non-english speakers on the NA servers are actually speaking Portuguese, and are from South America.

It doesn't really matter that much because they still don't communicate very well, but at least then they don't flip out about how they're not speaking Spanish and how much they hate "stupid Americans."

BSHMFWFM

11-20-2012

as long as they buy RP riot doesnt care

Intrusa

11-20-2012

Eversince I started playing i kept thinking to myself that there should be at least 1 dedicated spanish server, being a native spanish speaker and playing online games for as long as I can remember I can really tell how hard it is for some (if not most) latin people to communicate well in english.

My very first 3 games were at least 3/5 latin folks in my team (me included), we ended up losing, mostly me being a complete and helpless newbie, but some of it was because racial slurs were coming from both parts of my team and in the end some players left, some others started feeding enemies, and I kept Tower Diving enemy laner asking to myself why would I get hit for so much.

Also, the language barrier makes it hard to improve, as most decent guides are written in english...

Quote:
It doesn't really matter that much because they still don't communicate very well, but at least then they don't flip out about how they're not speaking Spanish and how much they hate "stupid Americans."
Yes, for some reason, the vast majority of latins, has some sort of hatred for american peeps in-game (not in my case). On a side note, Mexicans (I'm one) tend to be sore losers and even more sore winners, they can go 1/9/1 vs enemy laner and rub that kill on your face for the rest of the game. It's just the way we are for some reason (again, not me)...

Heck I've been called all sorts of things by the one spanish-speaker on my team just cause I kept talking in english with the other teammates, when I'm playing with my 2-3 friends we always try to keep it in english as courtesy for the teammates, unless someone goes for an IRL comment (or something else completely irrelevant for the game) in spanish and the immediate "TACO TACO TACO TACO TACO" spam begins.

NephiL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I speak spanish and the 99% of the games people who i played with didn't notice.
Not all spanish speakers are bad, don't say that because of a few, i could say the same of the english speakers lol.
But, im very aware that this is an american server and i speak english, but... people doesnt give a **** about that and they play whatever they want with not idea what "meta" is.

If you search for a solution, we need a server for spanish speakers, if riot does.. great, if not... you must have to try comunicate with pings or something lol.

Sorry for my bad english

1234567 ... 8