Spanish Speakers

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klickster

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1992Phoenix View Post
this does not only apply to people who only speak Spanish but to anyone who refuses to communicate in English in teamchat.
+1, everyone can just refuse to communicate, no matter what language they speak.
But yeah, as a spanish speaker myself, i have to agree that a lot of us (not including me and a lot of friends i play with) have little to no idea of how the meta works, or how to build/use their champs, and just do whatever they feel like doing. And i do feel like there is a need for a spanish speaking server, but dont judge all of us for the actions of a few, I've encountered a lot of hostility from english speakers just for speaking in spanish in chat, and i was doing my job properly.

P.S: sorry about spelling/grammar mistakes.

Runellieb

11-18-2012

I would play blindpick because it doesn't take as long as draft, issue is every time I play blind I always get a few spanish speakers on my team, game is usually over by 20. And I'm not happy. I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Kaiizoku

11-19-2012

I think we've all been there, the Spanish speakers go in and feed the other team hard and they don't even know what they're doing.

NiceDynamite

11-19-2012

Had a game earlier were one person was throwing out either chinese or japanese characters (I honestly don't know the difference, could have been any form of an asian language) and one spanish. The spanish speaker (who chose fiddlesticks, so we assumed he was going to be mid) went top as fids, after voli and I (wukong) already called it. We tried to ping him and communicate to go mid but he never did. Just threw out spanish sentences. Then the asian player continually ran around in their jungle dying.

Honestly, non-english speakers have absolutely no business being on NA servers. They ruin the game. If the game isn't in your language, oh well, find another game. And to anyone who says "NA doesn't mean english.", sorry, but yes it does.

UbberTengen

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLNUBB View Post
I think we've all been there, the Spanish speakers go in and feed the other team hard and they don't even know what they're doing.
If you speak spanish you will feed and you are bad.
Seems legit.

phil002

11-20-2012

I said it in another thread and ill say it again now. I agree that there needs to be a Spanish server for central/north America.

The problem with most of these arguments is that people have had negative experiences and really remember the bad games with the Spanish speakers. The thing is there are just as many if not more bad players who speak perfect English. The issue needs to be on the inability to communicate with the team (a reportable offense btw). if riot feels that team communication is that important I think we should really let them know that we want to ensure good communication. And for the Spanish only speakers as well. They probably don't want to hear us English speakers rant in our language. It would benefit them as well being able to find games in their language.

HiveCommander

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEavenwaLL View Post
They need their own servers...

So please make a spanish server, for the spanish people and for us.
The Brazillian server is the closest thing to it. Please Riot, give the Spanish/Portugese-speakers a free transfer. Their team will have more of a chance understanding their team that way.

I was once in a game with a team who were all speaking portugese. They all knew english, and admitted they could speak english, yet they just kept chatting amongst themselves. 4/5 on the team speak portugese, 5/5 speak english. It'd make sense to type in english, but nooooo. They wanted to leave their 5th team member out of the loop :/

Paint4blood

11-20-2012

Personally I think they should just make a SA server. I do find it funny how all the spanish speakers I've come across in my games blame me and call me newb. One game I was minding my own business in mid, I already knew they spoke spanish and wasn't even going to try. Basically hoping that they knew, somewhat, of what they were doing and wouldn't die. But lo and behold I soon hear, double kill for bot and top, repeatedly. Now I still dont have any kills at this point because I'm just farming mid and trying to poke at my enemy laner; but at some point we go to kill dragon and 2 members of the enemy came in and killed us all. I look at the scoreboard and notice that the adc is 0 and 6 and top is 1 and 8 with support having a few less deaths and no kills. At the end of the game, of course, I was blamed for our loss because I never was in teamfights and couldn't communicate. Why would I want to be in a team fight where we would get decimated? I'd rather farm if I could. I think I ended this game being 3/4 or 4/3, not sure about the kill/death ratio for that game.

Picheblast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEavenwaLL View Post
I'm fine with people who are spanish speaking and they actually know what they're doing in league. However you don't find many of those.
I'm not an expert playing this game, but usually i get good scores and i have like 80+ more wins than defeat, i speak spanish, but when i play i write in english. But, when the whole team know what to do, its enough with the pings. Have you ever win a game without chat at all? when the people know how to play, it doenst matter the language that is written in the chat.

I agree that there are a lot of spanish speaker player that are bad, but happens to koreans, japanese, english, portuguese, french, etc. Is the person, no the fact that he cant comunicate.

The problem is, that, when you are losing, and part of your team speak another language you feel discriminated, and is ok to feel like that. But sometimes they are tring to speak fast (in their native language) to try to win the game. But there are a lot of trolls that begins to feed because they are losing and start to speak another language just to troll you.

But i really recomend you to try to undersand that there are a lot of people of other nationalities that could be a great plus to your team.

And sometimes, just asking polite could change anything:

Porfavor, juega defensivo = please, play defensive
Mantente con el equipo = stick with the team
Gracias = thanks
Bueno = ok/agree
Buena! = Nice/good (the things that you say when some of your team do something good)

Saludos!

ZapatillaLoca

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klickster View Post
+1, everyone can just refuse to communicate, no matter what language they speak.
But yeah, as a spanish speaker myself, i have to agree that a lot of us (not including me and a lot of friends i play with) have little to no idea of how the meta works, or how to build/use their champs, and just do whatever they feel like doing. And i do feel like there is a need for a spanish speaking server, but dont judge all of us for the actions of a few, I've encountered a lot of hostility from english speakers just for speaking in spanish in chat, and i was doing my job properly.

P.S: sorry about spelling/grammar mistakes.

this has more to do with the lack of proper training support from Riot rather than language differences...Riot fails to provide any kind of instructions for players (aside from that rediculous tutorial) so you end up with lvl 30 players (of all races), with a handful of co-op victories under their belts playing ranked games. Until Riot does more to prepare players you can expect these problems and these posts to continue.

123456 ... 8