LoL needs new gametypes (in general)?

Definitely. SR and TT are pretty boring already. 3 27.27%
Sure, why not? 3 27.27%
Not really a priority. Riot has their hands full with housekeeping. 4 36.36%
Nah, I don't like this idea. 2 18.18%
No. This idea is just not League of Legends (you're boring). 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

New Gametype

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xtchizobr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

Changing Champions while in the match.

ya herrrrd~

What about a new gametype where players can choose to swap to a different champion when they get killed? I know Ranked allows you to pick based on the enemy team's comp, but this isn't really the same thing. This would allow really dynamic strategy during a match rather than finding out (in Normal, for instance) that your Kassadin has no real purpose against an all-physical team, or that your team needs more CC because (again, in Normal where this happens alllllll the time) no one else wanted to pick a champion with utility.

Players keep their items, so if they want to switch their item choices, they will have to sell stuff (and lose money). An incentive to swap out to champions who have something in common with your current.

Riot prolly doesn't give a **** what players think would be a nifty way to play, but maybe if enough players thought so...

Xetvenen

10-07-2010

I got a better idea...

new game mode: poetry reading

Sfyri Ithikos

10-07-2010

I don't think so...Team plays casters most of the game, so the enemy players go for MR. Then half way they god for physical damage, and the enemy has to sell their gear to compensate.

Either way...it may just be me but it doesn't feel like a good idea...

Xtchizobr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfyri Ithikos View Post
I don't think so...Team plays casters most of the game, so the enemy players go for MR. Then half way they god for physical damage, and the enemy has to sell their gear to compensate.

Either way...it may just be me but it doesn't feel like a good idea...
did you read the part where the casters-turned-physical also have to sell their gear?

for the record, tank gear is cheaper than weapons.

In2XzgTvBdEXksRT

10-07-2010

ok

Kevinblaze

10-07-2010

Teemo Ball.
ok.

Wappas

10-07-2010

deathmatch was a fun mode in Dota. not a priority but i wouldn't mind it as an option down the road

KStreetFighter2

Recruiter

10-07-2010

okay, new game type:

Mario Party

Sfyri Ithikos

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtchizobr View Post
did you read the part where the casters-turned-physical also have to sell their gear?

for the record, tank gear is cheaper than weapons.
So they play a farming champ early on then swap out to one that suffers.

Some champs need to have their farming shut down in order to stop them. Allowing the option to farm up on an early game toon then swap out would be...well...a bit OP

Xtchizobr

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfyri Ithikos View Post
So they play a farming champ early on then swap out to one that suffers.

Some champs need to have their farming shut down in order to stop them. Allowing the option to farm up on an early game toon then swap out would be...well...a bit OP
farming champs can be shut down, too. and if they're saving all that money while farming, they aren't doing much to hurt you, are they. also, you're forgetting where i explicitly stated that players can only swap champions while dead.

even so... so what? the strategy is available to both teams. in the end, all you've managed to point out is that a new gametype would generate new strategy.

well duh.