Favorite Final Fantasy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naedox

11-17-2012

I'm out of topic ideas so take your pick. What is your favorite Final Fantasy game? Give a reason for better clarification.

Deedsie

11-17-2012

I feel like XI is calling me back.

Private Riem

11-17-2012

VI
Amazing story, amazing character development, good game time, nice amount of sidequests
Followed shortly by IV for being so difficult. (Wish VI was harder)

Kyrrion

11-17-2012

FF7.

Grew up on it, Omnislash is awesome, the optional WEAPON fights were brutal, Red XIII kicked ass, Cid's incessant swearing like a 12 year old solo queue rager was always hilarious, and to this day I still despise Sephiroth for killing Aeris.

FF6 is great too, but I don't feel like I really knew the characters as well as I did in 7. Intercepter was a badass too.

ZapMyHeart

11-17-2012

FF8. I loved the story and you got to go into space ;D

Super fun using Eden and blasting PuPu to death for tons of damage. Also, Selphie's The End. Use it on the last boss. It's bananas.

Trolosaurus

11-17-2012

Ten
..........What?
Why are you looking at me like that?

Bullettime7

11-17-2012

Three way tie between 6, 8, and 9.

6: Brilliant, hard to put my finger on the exacts.
8: Different but in a good way. Broke a lot of the fantasy norms while keeping that distinctive FF feel
9: Some of the best overall storytelling I've seen in a game.

A main thing between the three of them is you actually got made to feel for the characters in the story. 7 was good but I never got that emotional attachment to the characters or that yearning to see what happens next like I did in 6, 8, and 9.

Rovos

11-17-2012

Tied between FF 3 and 7. 3 because I enjoyed the story and the characters. 7 because I feel it really made a jump forward evolution and storywise.. also because I enjoy chaining all those Knights of the Round together for a fight and then going to make a sandwich and coming back.

Jiz Khalifa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

7, because it was the first FF I played, and also the first true deep JRPG I played and finished

at that time I was young and could barely read fluently, and the translation was horrible (I live in EU so I didn't play it in English) that horrible translation plus the fact that I already had trouble understanding sentences if they WERE grammatically correct, added this bizarre, delirium-ish daydream drug trip feel to the game which I remember until now... I haven't re-played the game in English ever since because I want to preserve this unreal-ish feeling memories I have of the game

tl;dr I'm a nerd

Naedox

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolosaurus View Post
Ten
..........What?
Why are you looking at me like that?
I'll be honest here. 10 was DEFINITELY one I enjoyed for its music, its story, and everything.

Also not to mention they're gonna release an HD release. So there's something to look forward to.