The thing about Blackfire Torch.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cravix

11-18-2012

While its a bit unbalanced its what is giving ap casters like brand a chance in 3v3 against overwhelming champs like Darius. Reworking it maybe where stuff like teemo shrooms and poison trail doesnt proc it might be good. IE only abilities coming directly from champ like Teemo blind or Singed fling. So if that magic attack stays on the map after you hit the button make it to not proc.

XReyoX

11-18-2012

They are trying to nerf bruisers as well. The thing about bft is that it is a must build for casters. It is to make it more in line with other caster items i believe, for the moment.

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

My problem with it is that it is still strongest on either tankydps AP like Rumble/Swain/Singed, or those who are doing sustained damage at a safe range, any traditional burst caster still gets the short end.

N O R I S K S

11-18-2012

Don't take away my new free win strat... play full ap teemo, rush torch, win

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O R I S K S View Post
Don't take away my new free win strat... play full ap teemo, rush torch, win

Wait Olaf players are actually losing to AP rush bft teemo?, well i know that getting free wins with him doesn't require a lot of brain capacity but one would think that if theya re chasing teemo they'd juggernaut the disables ......

Teemo with Bft being like that only showcases how braindead Olaf players are because they were getting free wins with him without putting an ymajor thought on it before Bft thus it showcases how ridicously Op Olaf is.

Martyrofsand

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodpaly View Post
My problem with it is that it is still strongest on either tankydps AP like Rumble/Swain/Singed, or those who are doing sustained damage at a safe range, any traditional burst caster still gets the short end.

Cassiopeia belongs in that list of yours. She is absolutely nuts with a BFT.

DragonEpico

11-18-2012

Nasus with BFT is a destroyer of tanks

joe42

11-19-2012

your mom is a thing about blakc fire tocrhe

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-19-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

BFT is getting some significant nerfs next patch, but I don't think it'll remove the item from viability, especially since it'll be working in tandem with the new S3 itemization options.

However, making it incompatible with Teemo's Shrooms and Singed's Poison Trail is currently not possible, since those spells are tagged as "AoE", not "DoT" for spellvamp purposes.

Zerglinator

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
BFT is getting some significant nerfs next patch, but I don't think it'll remove the item from viability, especially since it'll be working in tandem with the new S3 itemization options.

However, making it incompatible with Teemo's Shrooms and Singed's Poison Trail is currently not possible, since those spells are tagged as "AoE", not "DoT" for spellvamp purposes.
What if "AoE DoT" was made a category?