are there any real evil Ionians?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LOLmenace

12-12-2012

Before I start I want to say that evil something major, like betraying your own homeland not being consumed by goop.

Varus: Varus was a guard of a temple holding goop believed to be from the void. During the war he had a choice. Stay with his village and Family or protect the goop from escaping at the hands of noxus. He returned after protecting the temple to find his village and fanily brutally killed. He, in rage stepped into the temple and let the goop consume him, this is the result of varuses evil look.
So the goop is evil, but it says in his lore that he could withstand the goop, which in turn means he isnt evil but slowly being driven insane by the goop that is trying to control him, only then he will be evil.

Syndra:
She had too much power in her magic so the elders of her village asked the top mage of Ionia to control her. When she realised that he was stopping her full potinsule she got mad and killed him also killing the elders of the village.

Not evil just too much power and she is mad. She has the potinsule to destroy anything she wants, but she doesnt.

Zed: he unlocked a forbidin form of fightinhg and used it to defeat shen
then he was banished and was mad so he came and killed shens father.

He killed shems master in rage, he hasnt really done that bad.

I feel as if that a true evil Ionian champion would be a traitor in the war.

Vongeo

12-12-2012

Well Who is evil by these standards?

Swain Just wants more power.

Malz thinks the void will be good for everyone.

Mordekaiser (new lore) He just has a real fondness of killing people in libraries, its just his thing.

I don't think there is evil.

Its too binary, but you can't not call Syndra evil and call some of the typical "villians" evil.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Evil is subjective.

In D&D Evil is used to describe a lack of empathy to the point of selfishness. Syndra and Zed are both 'evil' according to this definition. Fiora is also 'evil' as she will kill people to prove that she is the best and not a cheat. Does she maim puppies? No, but she would if it proved herself....which it wouldn't I know, but that's besides the point.

Katarina...I have called her evil before...but Neutral actually is a little better. She doesn't care at all, but she isn't selfish. She cares about her family. Shen is also neutral as he cares for nothing. He would kill a bunch of babies to bring balance. Enjoy it? Not a bit...just as he wouldn't enjoy saving a life. that would imply that he cared.

Chris017

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Veigar - to bad he isn't from Ionia... we could have Sona under that one.

Aphet

12-12-2012

Evil is a matter of perspective. Unless you're Veigar, 'cause he wants to be perceived as evil.

StarkRavenMad

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
Well Who is evil by these standards?

Swain Just wants more power.

Malz thinks the void will be good for everyone.

Mordekaiser (new lore) He just has a real fondness of killing people in libraries, its just his thing.

I don't think there is evil.

Its too binary, but you can't not call Syndra evil and call some of the typical "villians" evil.
Actually, you could make the arguement that Swain is doing everything for the good of his home, fixing everything that Darkwill went and screwed up.

Hussarlance

12-15-2012

Varus tapped into a power of darkness knowing he would become the living embodiment of corruption if he did. I am not saying Varus knew exactly what would happen, but he was told by people he trusted (he was willing to guard a Temple for god knows how long because they said so) that if this evil was unleashed, bad things would happen.

Syndra murdered those who cared for her. Yes they lied, but how the hell does lust for power justify murder? I say she qualifies as a bad guy.

Zed killed Shen's master. Yes it was in a rage, but he gave into that rage. I say Zed qualifies.

For a fantasy setting, the acts these three have wrought count as evil. They killed people either for personal gain or knowing the consequences would be grave.

MasqureMan

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Evil is subjective.

In D&D Evil is used to describe a lack of empathy to the point of selfishness. Syndra and Zed are both 'evil' according to this definition. Fiora is also 'evil' as she will kill people to prove that she is the best and not a cheat. Does she maim puppies? No, but she would if it proved herself....which it wouldn't I know, but that's besides the point.

Katarina...I have called her evil before...but Neutral actually is a little better. She doesn't care at all, but she isn't selfish. She cares about her family. Shen is also neutral as he cares for nothing. He would kill a bunch of babies to bring balance. Enjoy it? Not a bit...just as he wouldn't enjoy saving a life. that would imply that he cared.
That's not really right about Shen. He does care, as he wouldn't be trying to bring balance in the first place if he didn't. The fact is that he can't show emotion or let it get in the way of bringing balance, as that threatens to make matters personal (especially when one of your enemies killed your father) and jeopardize your mission. He would definitely care if he had to kill a baby and he would definitely care about the person's life he's saving, but he'd have to go about it as if emotion is not a factor.

Apathy is a lack of caring, Empathy is extreme caring to the point that you can feel other people's emotions on yourself. Shen has to walk the line between, but show nothing.

Blaine Tog

12-27-2012

Strictly speaking, "evil" describes actions, not people. People are not evil, as that implies a categorical inclination to do wrong, which implies they lack free will, but something without free will cannot be evil as it's just acting according to its nature. A flu virus isn't evil, it just is. You don't blame the coconut for falling on your head unless you're a special kind of crazy.

However, we usually say "this person/character is evil" to mean "they are typically observed to do, say, and/or think wrong things."

Varus knew it was wrong to absorb the goop, so doing so is making him "evil," in the colloquial sense. He's also destroying himself on a mission of vengeance which, while viscerally satisfying, isn't actually a good thing, particularly since he's going to kill a bunch of Noxian soldiers who were merely fighting in a war for their country.

Syndra didn't accidentally kill her master, nor would she necessarily "take back" his death if given the chance. In purposefully murdering him, she can be said to be "evil." That her bio didn't mention her killing anyone else is immaterial.

Zed... I hardly see how Zed's arguable here. Even if you're angry at someone, it's still wrong to kill them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Evil is subjective.

In D&D Evil is used to describe a lack of empathy to the point of selfishness. Syndra and Zed are both 'evil' according to this definition. Fiora is also 'evil' as she will kill people to prove that she is the best and not a cheat.
Hold up, Fiora is a duelist. That doesn't mean she kills people in the duels (and, indeed, the implication is that she does not).

Goau

12-27-2012

This one looks interesting, so I'll add my 2 cents to the three you mentioned.

Varus: He's not evil, but corrupt in mind and body. What was Varus, the temple guardian, before, died with his village. Now, he's vengeance with a bow, out of kill all of Noxian invaders who ever set food on Ionian soil.

Syndra: She's not evil, never was, even after killing her mentor. In fact, it's for this reason I began my fanfiction of her and Xerath. As a little girl, she wanted to become stronger for some reason, I think to be a powerful sorceress to make her parents proud of her. She was excited to train with a master mage, believing it would help her achiever her goal in life. Instead, she was betrayed, lied to by her parents and village elders. Her mentor was only the target of her rage because he did not tell her. She trusted him, lived in the temple turned school with him. After she killed him, she did not go on a rampage, but fled, taking the building with her. Now, she can trust no one, but those who are stronger than her and able to defeat her.
She's not evil, but suspicious and untrusting of everyone.

Zed: Just like Varus, he's corrupted. That box is evil. EVIL! I don't know how old he was when he first made contact with it, but it's clear his master was a fool to not seal it or put a "Evil spirit! Stay away!" sign on it. As far as killing his master goes, it could be that what was inside the box fully took control of Zed and is using him.