Settling a Jungle Bet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Bananas

11-17-2012

Good Day Fellow Summoners.

Me and my roommate have been playing league of legends for over a year now and have solid ELO's of around 1300. My roommate mains jungle and I am an ADC/Support mix. We have a bet going and I would like to get the communities input on it.

The Scenario:
I am ADC bot lane and winning my lane slightly. Our mid lane is lagging and so is our top but nothing too serious as to cause snowballing by any one side. Through out the beginning of the match there are two attempted ganks on bot lane by the enemy team in 15 minutes by their jungler as well as 2 shen ultimates onto their adc for ganks (A total of 4 gank attempts). No kills were awarded however summoners were spent and CS was lost.

The argument is:Should the Jungler help a lane that already has an edge or should he be more concerned to ensure the other lanes lagging gets resolved? Our jungler did not come bot for over 16 min and I feel that neglect played a part in why we ultimately lost the game.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Mr. Bananas

Siky

11-17-2012

IMO, Jungler should focus and help 1 lane snowball if multiple lanes are failing. Does not matter which lane, however Bot lane is the dumbest lane to focus at a higher skill level since a good support will make ganking practically impossible by just warding properly and watching the map. I would visit Bot lane once in awhile, but I don't make it a point to do so every game. It's just something I do when both top and mid lane are in an OK state.

I would personally snowball top lane if I had to make a choice and all lanes were doing ok or failing unless we have a super snowbally mid like LeBlanc or Kat. There's no point in trying to snowball bot if you KNOW both mid and top lane are going to fail since a fed ADC can't do anything if the rest of your team is bad or melts like butter to the enemy anyways and regardless of that, ganking bot is jungler dependent and even the ones that can do it well will probably be wasting a lot of their time trying to do so.

Amatzikahni

11-17-2012

I only go bot if I can make a difference. If it's even and the enemies are pushed, I'll show up bot to either kill their wards or attempt to push them back and let my AD farm a bit before running off. Other than that, my main priority is to help top and mid win so that they can start zoning, pushing, roaming, and helping me steal objectives. If your mid and top win (even if only by a small amount), then you can start group-roaming and easily 4- or 5-man gank bot, take turret, and then take drag before getting a nice push mid.

TheOneMillion

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatzikahni View Post
I only go bot if I can make a difference. If it's even and the enemies are pushed, I'll show up bot to either kill their wards or attempt to push them back and let my AD farm a bit before running off. Other than that, my main priority is to help top and mid win so that they can start zoning, pushing, roaming, and helping me steal objectives. If your mid and top win (even if only by a small amount), then you can start group-roaming and easily 4- or 5-man gank bot, take turret, and then take drag before getting a nice push mid.
This. Top and mid that get even a little ahead can snowball the other lanes by roaming. If bot lane is roaming (not to be confused with just the support roaming if the ADC is alright), well then ...... ..

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻