Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Howling Gale's projectile speed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

Recruiter

11-23-2009

I am finally back home with a decent computer (read: I get more than 8FPS now), and I just noticed how slow Janna's Howling Gale actually is.
You'd figure that something that takes 5 seconds charge time to read full effect really ought to travel a lot faster. It's way too easy to dodge by any attentive player at range right now. At least make it take some effort to dodge.

My old complaint still stands. I think its mana cost should also be lowered, and the charged damage should scale as well.

11-23-2009

i think the speed should scale with the charge time, and the range should scale less with charge time

that is, fully charged is faster at same range, non charged is a little longer range than current, but still as slow

Aknar

11-23-2009

lower the cost to 100 mana and leave it the way it is now,or put a 0.2 AP scaling to the charge dmg and halve the base dmg AP scaling

Xocolatl

Recruiter

11-23-2009

I like both suggestions so much.

Currently I have gravitated toward a mana regen build, and I am finding myself to have much less trouble spamming spells. However, I really lack AP and can barely hurt anyone late game.