Call roles or picking order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samurai Dan

11-18-2012

In draft picked, ranked or normal. Do you prefer to go by picking order or calling roles. I think at least at lower levels calling roles is the better way to go. Because alot of people can't play certain roles and get screwed when they are forced to play a role they don't really know.

Thoughts?

BlackDiamondFox

11-18-2012

normal, I'd prefer calling roles but that just sometimes ends in the team already at each others throats. in ranked, I think you kind of don't have that luxury. you can ask, but you're probably going to fill whatever role is left depending on your position.

Etherimp

11-19-2012

If you don't know how to play all roles, you need to go back to Normals.

AODRG

11-19-2012

playing a role and playing it well are two different things...

Call a role all you want, but unless your team acknowledges it, might as well just get used to getting stuck with whatever's left.

Shattered Exile

11-19-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0#post18741480

go to the second to last line before the bold text and it pretty much says pick order>calling.

It's always better to let your last picks have top or mid though.

margalolwut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

ALWAYS picking order.

Generally, if i say "top" and im 2nd pick, but 4th pick wants top and i can accomodate that, i'll change my pick, but sometimes people are just a$$holes so it doesnt work out that way.

i was 3rd pick and said "adc or top please"... 5th pick says "top" after me... 1st pick ADCs so i naturally top... 5th pick procedes to call me "noob".. and picks a top as well o_o

Crank Shape

11-19-2012

Both.

Priority goes to pick order only because they can literally choose before you.

It's nice to allow someone who calls a position to have that position, as they are either practicing it or it's their most efficient position.

Let's say, two people call a position but they both pick at the same time, that's when the person who called first should get the position.

The summoners code says to choose a position that your team needs if you choose last so essentially pick order > calling roles.

DemonicUtensil

11-19-2012

It's silly to go by picking order because a lot of champions are ambiguous. If I pick Nidalee am I going support, mid, or top? if I pick Yi am I going mid, top, or jungle?

You go by called position first. If there are problems with that (ie you really wish to play mid and someone already called it, your available champs for the role you're left with don't fit the team comp) then you can negotiate, but call position is what gets everything started.

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

I think a big part of teamwork is filling the needed role. Calling asap is done by desperate people who are very limited at what they can do. Instead I reccomend learning how to play all 4 lanes (Top, Mid, Bot, Jungle) and all 6 roles (Solo top AD or AP, Solo mid AD or AP, ADC, Support, Jungling, Bot Kill lane support). At champion select I say "any lane, any role" and it makes my team happy every time. For advice on what champs to learn so you too are able to do this I will gladly share. Udyr, Reneckton, Sona, Teemo, Vlad, Soraka, Graves. I can play these champs in any lane in any role including jungle.

SuperCheapJoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

One of the truisms about this game is that limited players will call out their role at the start. If they don't/can't play support (or another leftover role) they become baggage. Generally when I'm high on the draft order, I'll accommodate a lower draft pick request. Their mid play skill might be a 7, but their jungle a 2. In those cases it's best to take one for the team and fill in.