How should Ranking really be.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaxXx192

11-17-2012

I really think that wining ranking should be won by your K.D.A. ratio and not by your win, lose games (im talking in solo qeue at least). I really think this can work becouse it would make the trolls totally desapear, and if they dont, it doesnt matters becouse you will be able to win ranking even if you lose a game,( if you have a good score) and that way every player would be on his place. Besides its so anoying to lose a game becouse there was a bad player or more, or a desconected or anytying like that, makes no sense at all. Please think about it i think there is no reason not to win ranking with your K.D.A ratio instead of your wins.

Dexter5804

11-17-2012

What about supports and tanks? They dont have good KDA's but they're still doing their job.

Noodle MD

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter5804 View Post
What about supports and tanks? They dont have good KDA's but they're still doing their job.
This man knows whats up.

sbLroflwaffle

11-19-2012

Last time I checked the game is a 5v5 not you versus the enemy. It is a team game. Granted the ELO system and IP function is completely ****ed..this would not solve anything but create a more SOLO game.

Andrómeda

11-20-2012

Suport and tanks dont get good KDA? what are yuo talking a bout, a good suport gets 1 3 20,
tank does 4 2 15
im talking about a GOOD suport or a GOOD tank, thats a good KDA dont you think? KDA = kill deaths assists

Andrómeda

11-20-2012

where are all the other posts? why are they buged or erased? riot please answer, i can show you the other posts that should be here, and are not for some reason, this should have 4 pages by now

Stomper

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrómeda View Post
Suport and tanks dont get good KDA? what are yuo talking a bout, a good suport gets 1 3 20,
tank does 4 2 15
im talking about a GOOD suport or a GOOD tank, thats a good KDA dont you think? KDA = kill deaths assists
I do get where you're coming from, but hear me out.

Couldn't it be said that some assists are worth more than others? Like if a Blitzcrank makes an awesome pull and nabs a carry, that assist is "worth more" than if your AP mid auto attacks them.

Also, what if I'm doing a killer job as jungle Udyr and I steal every enemy buff, preventing the enemy jungler from ganking (thus helping out my teammates). I also absolutely cripple their jungle, and I end up with triple the enemy jungler's CS. There's no representation for that in your KDR.

What if you're wreaking havoc mid and you're 3/0 and triple your enemy's CS to start the game, but your bot lane isn't having their best game and the enemy ADC ends up 8/0.

Since all you care about this game is your ELO, you don't even bother helping your bot lane out and instead keep going for your own kills to better your own score/ better your ELO.

I guess what I'm saying is that a system based off of KDR would not only be a unfair representation of skill, it would lead people to be selfish. To illustrate that, I've played with people who go 15/0 but don't contribute to the team at all. They just KS. Yes, they end up with a good score, but no, they don't help our team out. And I feel like such people would be quite common in the system you proposed.