do you have to pay $$ to be good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArkSol

11-17-2012

RP purchases do not grant in-game benefits. You can only get skins, or you can purchase champions to help cut the monotony a little bit. So no pay-to-win.

1BaD8DnA7

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkhane1676 View Post
RP purchases do not grant in-game benefits. You can only get skins, or you can purchase champions to help cut the monotony a little bit. So no pay-to-win.

There have been mention here and in other threads about serious players having several runepages for various champs. I'm only going to have AP/AD and the flat armor with scaling MR.

When I first downloaded this game as F2P, I thought of all the other F2P games being Pay2Win. I was skeptical in the beginning of imbalance and to some point from everyone saying "work on runes" still feel that way when I'm on a champ with full runes against someone else who isn't. Isn't this an argument from people who play ranked? Don't they want people to have full runepages, and the right ones at that?

F2P games have used the microtransaction models of money vs time. Granted I wasnt 30 in a day, I've seen some lvl 30s who haven't played more than 10 games. They sure did play badly like ppl who ebay accounts.

StormbreathDragn

11-17-2012

Sorry to say this, but you've already gimped yourself by leveling to 30 on bot games.

The moment you step into a normal and get matched against other level 30 players, most of whom have been playing PvP since early levels, you're going to get absolutely destroyed, and you'll continue to be destroyed until you learn how to play against humans. Oh, and you're also going to get flamed to no end for being level 30 but not playing like an average level 30 should in a normal game.

4thEDITION

11-17-2012

By the way, don't worry too much about "this champion counters that" and so forth. Honestly, especially at a lower elo, you should just master one or two champions and never lose with them no matter the match-up

1BaD8DnA7

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTwenty View Post
Sorry to say this, but you've already gimped yourself by leveling to 30 on bot games.

The moment you step into a normal and get matched against other level 30 players, most of whom have been playing PvP since early levels, you're going to get absolutely destroyed, and you'll continue to be destroyed until you learn how to play against humans. Oh, and you're also going to get flamed to no end for being level 30 but not playing like an average level 30 should in a normal game.

good to know. i think you are assuming i have no pvp experience from playing other games, it's quite the contrary. Several years of playing fps, wow arenas and bgs, and countless other games give me an idea of how ppl play, whether its aggresive or passive and i can caplitalize off those if i know enough of the game mechanics and am with a good team communicating a set up. so at lvl 30 i am sure to be playing with good players then. Thats way better info than saying i would be stuck in the beginners pool.

I get what you're saying though if I was someone totally new to pvp and haven't had any prior experience. I'll take this into consideration and see how those earlier levels are different on a diff account. I'll replay it all thru normal only and see how much improvement there is room for.

i did notice, which i thought was a fluke, that the gameplay was better once i started playing normal games at lvl 30, but i have focused more on bruiser and support in normal games and am trying to be faster and overall better. I would even go so far as to say that the win ratio from games played in normal at lvl 30 is far better than when i started learning the game. i dont know what to attribute it to if its because of the knowledge of the games from playing mixed normal and bot or if its really from what you say at lvl 30.

Some people need the learning curve and some need ALOT of it. Others can pick up fast. It's like being lumped into that beginner bot group where ppl rage at each other due to their limited knowledge of winning lanes, their champs, etc. I can say that my later games out of those 75 normal games are way better than the first 50.

I'm glad if what you say is true that I'm weeded out from the beginner pool. Now to hone the skills in normal and get a solid group of champs to go into ranked.

ZetsubouFallen

11-17-2012

The only way to survive in this game is buying skins.

foremost, RP must be used for either IP boost (non game affecting) or Rune pages, which DO affect the game since, if you want more champions or play in ranked, you need specific rune pages.

on the subject:

Playing against bots, doesn't give you all the experience, when you play normals, you have junglers, retarded teammates, challenging oponents, counter picks a "90-10 chance to loss" being X char against X one (proly 99% of the chances against a teemo/yorick top), uterly feed champions, who to focus, make strategys..