Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How does Slow Resistance Work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-17-2012

Good job on the math, especially on figuring out it was additive instead of multiplicative. This is good info.

All I have to mention is that it explicitly says "slowing EFFECTS are reduced by x%" as opposed to "slow DURATION is reduced by x%", so that was kind of obvious

Mdaha

11-17-2012

Quote:
Wriggle:
Good job on the math, especially on figuring out it was additive instead of multiplicative. This is good info.

All I have to mention is that it explicitly says "slowing EFFECTS are reduced by x%" as opposed to "slow DURATION is reduced by x%", so that was kind of obvious

It's funny that you brought up the multiplicative vs additive thing. We were sitting there trying to figure it out for 5 minutes trying to figure out if we were hitting DRs or what. It just didn't add up till one of us noticed that slow was 40% weaker. Then it all clicked, and I felt dumb.

Jaigar

11-17-2012

Fully updated the post. A lot of helpful information you should share with your friends. It opens up possiblities on champions like Nasus and Udyr who don't have strong gap closers.

Quote:
Wriggle:

Have to be certain though, sometimes wording isn't clear to me. I was looking at the mastery which states "Relentless: Reduces the effectiveness of slows by %."

Interesting effects though. If you look at the Volibear numbers, with 405 MS with 40% slow resistance vs. 0%, hes moving at 323 instead of 183 with his Q up.

Also, good luck catching Singed with these new boots+ masteries. It hes even more slippery than before.

OgreSamanosuke

11-18-2012

This thread is awesome, thanks so much for doing the leg work. It's good to know it's absolutely worth using Boots of Swiftness and Relentless now. Hecarim is now a happier magical murder pony.

Jaigar

11-18-2012

Quote:
OgreSamanosuke:
This thread is awesome, thanks so much for doing the leg work. It's good to know it's absolutely worth using Boots of Swiftness and Relentless now. Hecarim is now a happier magical murder pony.

Its actually perfect for Hecarim, because he can get his tenacity from the Spirit Stone of the Ancient Golem.

OgreSamanosuke

11-18-2012

Quote:
Jaigar:
Its actually perfect for Hecarim, because he can get his tenacity from the Spirit Stone of the Ancient Golem.

That was my exact hope. Now I can rock Boots of Swiftness with Furor Enchant, Frozen Fist, and Spirit of the Ancient Golem for super troll Hecarim. Resist slows, and never let the enemy escape. It's going to be GLORIOUS.

On a side note, the change to Visage is also a huge boon to Hecarim, I'm loving it on PBE.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

11-18-2012

Boots of Swiftness + Tenacity prob quite the reduction of CC.

I'm curious, if say Nunu's Slow is reduced, is the attack speed debuff reduced too. I'd think not but it is only one debuff.

Henry Plainview

12-09-2012

bump for information