Newbies, Dont Read Elementz Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xquisite

10-07-2010

Please, im getting tired of queing with my friend new to this game and getting with low levels and having them tell me my champion is bad because he isnt tier 1.(Twitch isnt that bad, right? espeically when they dont buy orcales)

I just had one guy scream in champ select(it worked for once.) "OMG ANNIE IS TIER 1 NOW, I NEED TO GO BUY Her."

These tiers are mostly for high level play, buy champions you like, not ones that are T1 on the list.

Alphacide

10-07-2010

You don't even need to read his tier list for high level play. I frequently do 5v5 premades with 1650-1750 rated players, and we choose champions that we are good at and synergize well. And we normally win

Cynical Moose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

This is true, at low levels eve is OP so the tier list doesn't really apply to lo level matches

Winfizz

10-07-2010

From trolling Milkfat to Shurelia to Elementz Tier List, whats next? Trolling trolls? Oh wait...

Zidane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

Teir lists are the reason for champions getting unwarranted nerfs. All you need is synergy and a strategy that can't be completely dismantled by a couple bans, the WCG finals showed us that.

ZamielVanWeber

10-07-2010

And the tier list is fluid anyways, since strategies evolve, particularly when people ignore said tier list.

Right now I main Urgot. Why? Because I want to (and because people don't know how to respond to him).

warmonkey

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphacide View Post
You don't even need to read his tier list for high level play. I frequently do 5v5 premades with 1650-1750 rated players, and we choose champions that we are good at and synergize well. And we normally win
This. 1000 times, this.

Cho'gath can even work well, it's just a matter of if the team comp works.

The tier lists really are more of a "what champs fit best into the current popular team comps best" than "what champions are worthwhile" -- with a small exception for champs that are 'gamebreakingly overpowered', like Xin was at his release, or if anyone remembers Shaco's release or Udyr's release they would've been instantly top-tier just because of how OP they were. Top tier doesn't mean OP, but OP does mean top tier

MetalHev

10-07-2010

Only noobs actually bother with tier lists posted by some dude.
So if the noobs don't listen to it, who will?

Pokemaster

Recruiter

10-07-2010

stfu noob

Farmrush

10-07-2010

Oh, quite the opposite. What they really should do is read the tier list. And reading the tier list is not the same as skimming through it. Elementz does not say that champion X is tier 1 and is therefore inherently better in all cases than champion Y, who is tier 2. People tend to make grand sweeping generalizations about how useful a champion is based on its ranking in a tier list. Tier lists are useful in a sort of broad and non-specific way, but when you start bickering about a certain champion being a high tier 2 versus a low tier 1 you really start to lose all focus.

So yeah, read the tier list in its entirety. This includes all the peripheral text posted around it.