AP Jungles... who would you recommend?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maleric

11-17-2012

Looking for a couple of AP jungles to round out my set. If you could suggest some and state how good they are in respective areas (ganking, clearing, sustain, dueling, etc...) I would appreciate it.

Little Dead Red

11-17-2012

For clearing speed and dueling, mordekaiser is the fastest.

Junksie

11-17-2012

Diana is a crazy good jungle, good clear, ganking, damage, etc. Works well with many builds and even if slightly gold starved.
Shen is great as well, but less damage, more utility.
Elise is suprisingly good, just with a high skillcap. She's also free this week, and offers tons of utility and damage.

Best Kitten NA

11-17-2012

jungle amumu and fiddle are pretty easy. also try jungle karthus for the lols (it works)

MuhGeeSher

11-17-2012

Diana, Amumu, Fiddle, Cass, Teemo, Evelynn, Maokai.

Etherimp

11-17-2012

Don't forget Cho'gath.

TeknoWizard

Recruiter

11-17-2012

Jungle Karthus is a thing that actually isn't as bad as you'd expect. He provides a strong slow on ganking, good damage, and once he gets 6, he can apply global pressure, akin to that of Shen. He does suffer later because he can't get as farmed as he can in lane.

Magus Crow

11-17-2012

Amumu, Cho'Gath, Maokai, Skarner.

Etherimp

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus Crow View Post
Amumu, Cho'Gath, Maokai, Skarner.

This and Diana and Elise are about the only legit answers.. Although there are a few others I suppose. Fiddle used to be decent.

Karthus, Morde, and any other "off brand" jungler will just get shut down by good junglers. Skarner, Maokai, Cho, and Amumu are good junglers in their own right.

Magus Crow

11-18-2012

I think the real problem with Fiddle jungle these days is that he needs blue to function very well and I'm talking throughout most of the game instead of someone like Amumu who needs it once or twice and then can start giving it to your mid laner. This requires you to either get a mid who doesnt need blue (energy / resourceless) or have someone skilled enough to deal with getting denied it. I suppose stealing the opposing blue is always an option but I dont really like Fiddle in most jungle matchups and going after the opposing blue is asking for a fight.

Also Fiddle doesnt clear very quickly and I doubt that he's going to gank until at least getting to level 4 (pretty much needs his fear to get a gank to work very well). He might be better in the new jungle though as his sustain is pretty good and everything I hear is that they are upping the difficulty of at least the major enemies in all camps.