Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vonstahl

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZankouHoshizora View Post
While I can't speak for anyone other than myself, I think about champion design and discuss the issue because I think it does matter. Because the more that women are treated as purely objects of sexual desire, even those that exist only in imagination, the more we end up creating and/or tacitly supporting (even if only accidentally) people who think it's acceptable in the real world to treat real women as purely objects of sexual desire.

Misogynistic behavior does not magically happen - it is taught, and then it is reinforced by the culture we create.
then get rid of these things first
strippers
hookers (some may be men)
playboy and those kinds of magizines
and halloween costumes... thats right some girls choose to dress like a sexy witch
then come and say you can take away the sexy women in my fantisys created by people and while your at it take away my imagonation so that this whole thing isnt reacreated at a later date

im not saying they couldnt use these body types but if your worried about being treated as objects of sexual desire I would clear out the ones in the real world first

Vonstahl

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
I wouldn't.

As long as everyone wasn't walking around Ruthless Pantheon style (harness and a speedo).

There is one thing I never understood about Sejuani. I know, winter bikini makes 0 sense, but Tryndamere is still from Freljord and beasts around without a shirt. Can someone explain the difference? I'm not seeing it right now.
sejuani's bikini actually covers up something...

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

yea take a seat! It's not like we demand the male champs become scrawny nerds.

Eydolon

11-18-2012

The problem here is that i think the artists are forced top oversexualize their desogns by the higher ups, because *** sells and well this is a business.

Im pretty sure that if the artists were able to full˝y express themselves, we would have seen a lot of diversity... but it has been proven that ugly champs as urgot or trundle (which i saw a rioter saying that he was a mistake) just DONT sell as much,

Guys wanna see ****, and not fat ladies thowring thunders or something....
as fun as it would be... you know.. is not totally pleasen to the eye....

So IMO, it doesnt matter what rioters say,, i know they are tied by business decitions-

Hawkhell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Ya know, they should make this game like DoA. If you lower your age the girls breast go down, if you raise your age they swell up like watermelons.

basileuspontou

11-30-2012

Because the alternatives are far fewer, and many of the alternatives do have some disappointing elements.

e.g. Orianna's pointy robotic "bewbs" and upskirt, heels for Leona (despite Leona standing as a better designed champ, I should say) and Vayne.

Or they have common excuses

e.g. Lulu a Yordle, Annie a child, both IMO some of the best designs.

However, given the likes of Diana (and to a lesser extent, Nami), I do say Riot's giving more attention to the non-bewb lovers. All I want is some more to the extent that there are enough of them to cover all the EU style positions.

Ah, I see a downvote! I presume any saying against big boobs or exposure must be blasphemy to the masses.